Here's A Little Story...

I've heard that killing an intruder in a bedroom is self defense, but killing him in the living room is murder. Ergo, whenever you shoot a burglar in your home, be sure to move the body to the bedroom before calling the police. :D

I have an acquaintance here who is a personal injury lawyer (ambulance chaser). He explained to me that part of his job is to "preparar testigos." Essentially to hire people who will lie saying they witnessed an accident and prepare them for any questions a judge may have. I asked him if that was standard procedure and he said "if I don't do this I will lose every case because the other side is doing the same." :eek:
So much for the justice system around here, i was naive enough to think that i could face what i had coming to me only with the truth......i never tried to get out of my punishment as far as the weapon, as i knew it was not permited, how ever i thought the circumstances were going to be the taken into consideration and let each responsability fall where it should. I own up to my wrong doings and i never needed to lie about it, i was expecting the same from the other side, or at least have it investigated to where it would show i was acting in self defense......... but that does not apply here, clearly this is a country of cagadores
Year and a few months left on my probation, and after that i'm out of here. i'm starting to liquidate all my assets already

This ia country with laws made for Finland, but the popupation looks like it is from Nigeria, or so.

I don't think one should expect fairness or justice in this country. Everything is A OK until it's not and then you're screwed. This pretty much works in most aspects of life and if you don't realize this, you're in for a rude awakening or you sleep pretty darn deeply.

Many of us from the northern countries have a moral obsession with the truth which Argentines find laughable. As you well know, the truth won't set you free around these parts.

I was accused of brandishing a weapon when the guy cut me off,so the legal term is amenaza calificada y tenencia de arma de guerra(of course without a permit)
The thing is that my gun only came out after my truck was rolled over 5 kms beyond my home , as i didn't want this maniac to know where i lived,none of that was investigated, nor i was offered a medical check up before being cuffed and taken to jail,in short. the second time i was rearended never was mentioned on their official report...which i had to sign if i wanted to get my probation or wait 2 to 3 years in jail for the trial..... open and shut case just before the elections, and all it took is for the other guy to have a "witness" and called 911 first to claim his victim status.......

Being a foreigner you have the right to access to the Federal Justice. There things are a lot different. Rational. No preventive inprisonment [unless you are K].
However, there’s no way to win the illegal possesion of the gun.

So much for the justice system around here, i was naive enough to think that i could face what i had coming to me only with the truth......i never tried to get out of my punishment as far as the weapon, as i knew it was not permited, how ever i thought the circumstances were going to be the taken into consideration and let each responsability fall where it should. I own up to my wrong doings and i never needed to lie about it, i was expecting the same from the other side, or at least have it investigated to where it would show i was acting in self defense......... but that does not apply here, clearly this is a country of cagadores
Year and a few months left on my probation, and after that i'm out of here. i'm starting to liquidate all my assets already

Well, with all my respect, it does not count what you think, you should follow your lawyer’s advice. Confessing is never not a good idea at a Criminal case because doubt is enough forna non guilty sentence.

I don't think one should expect fairness or justice in this country. Everything is A OK until it's not and then you're screwed. This pretty much works in most aspects of life and if you don't realize this, you're in for a rude awakening or you sleep pretty darn deeply.

Many of us from the northern countries have a moral obsession with the truth which Argentines find laughable. As you well know, the truth won't set you free around these parts.

Right, nothern countries has a primitive (religion related) obsession with the true while hispanic countries have wide experience about the true on Criminal cases (at the Holy spanish inquisition the true was searched by torture) and this is why the accesed can remain silent or lie.

Mc Kenna, your next issue is going to be the DNM and deportation. Find a good lawyer (not me) in advance.

Back