Honeymoon Phase Over - Divorce Phase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear, although 3 and a half years trying to get out sounds like a lot... hope your next destination is not such a biatch

Hi Lee, do you want to sell your bike? I'm interested.
Thanks,
Tom
'

Your posts about trying to get artwork out of the country remind me of when our head office sent us a framed photo of our Prime Minister to hang in our reception here. It is a reprint of a publicity shot, plastic frame, nothing valuable or all that pretty, either! Head office didn't ask us first, just sent it as normal courier parcel.
It took months of arguing, paperwork, visits to govt departments, phonecalls and a lot of griping before they finally released it to us. We were about ready to abandon the package very early on in the process but now the picture hangs in our reception, not so much as an image of our country's leader, but a reminder of lots of hard work done for very little reward. :eek:)
Wishing you éxitos with your tramites to get the artwork out of the country, and hopefully your divorce will be finalised soon so you can settle down and start a new life.

If at all possible, regarding the art work , i would recommend unframing
getting the art export license (which is a free tramite.... there are several posts on that on this forum - or ask Steve)
And take them with the license rolled up with you with your luggage.
Unless it is artwork of very high value this could be the most inexpensive way to take it
or dont unframe it and take it in your suitcase - but have the art export licence closeby..

Anyone with some good marriage stories to balance this out?

Just give her half of everything you own and move on. Make sure Colombia signs a pre-nup.

If I wanted to get a lot of personal stuff out of AR, would consider booking a cruise out of here to a place with less bureaucratic BS. From my experience, which was quite awhile ago, inspection was almost none existent. Maybe things have changed, but ....... *Just a thought.

Good luck Lee.

Reactions: tez
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joe Expat Life 57
C Expat Life 13
Back