Honeymoon Phase Over - Divorce Phase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... maybe I'm being thick, but while you're post I was under the impression that the marriage in which you are unhappy is the one you (and your partner) have with Buenos Aires... Like you were in love with BA but after a year and a half the love was lost, and only now you're wanting to get out. Maybe that's just because I was surprised at such an open post.

For the furniture, I'll say I'm in the same case and I have several pieces of beautiful furniture that I am going to be very sad to leave behind, but that's just the way it is. I thought about selling it but I couldn't ever get the value that I ascribe to them, so I plan to just give them away to people that I know will cherish and love them. And in this case I also think, perhaps rather idealistically, that I'm sending out great furniture karma which will hopefully come back to me some day when I need it. This is only for my most precious pieces, the rest I will try and sell (anyone need any house stuff? ;-) )

In the case of the art, I say you roll it up and try it. I've taken art through that really wasn't worth a ton of money so I never worried about it (but who knows this at the immigrations of either country?), and I've never once been stopped or questioned about it. If they are particularly large, though... I don't know. There must be specific information about this somewhere...

Either way, good luck.

Lee: just curious...could you please describe why your love with BsArs is over?

Lee said:
We have just grown apart...we both want different things and she's got a bit of a personality disorder that is only apparent after living with her for some time.

I am sure that others will love her (at least until she turns on them) or can accept her the way that she is (psycho) but I no longer can pretend that our relationship is working...it's all just one way..her way!

I love the comparison of Bsas with the high maintenance girlfriend ...she is indeed a trophy girlfriend, beautiful to look at and expensive to maintain. She drains your finances and your mental energy but she looks hot and all your friends envy you for having her...:cool:

bottom line, is it a coincidence that success translates here to exit(o)?

I think not.

Lee ,
I completely understand your frustration.
I also want to point out that via this forum I WAS recipient of a verry nice gesture from you .
I know that perhaps to you it was no big deal ( except perhaps for the 100 peos that they hammered you with ) . I thought it such a nice gesture.
Let me challenge you to not allow this drunk irish whore to manipulate you into buying her drinks while demanding you treat her like a princess.
You are a decent person . Try to find the intestinal fortitude to make a success of your time here. Give it another shot if its worth giving. Or at least dont leave , cuz if you do , then Ill be the last miserable bastard standing in this forum.
I know in the flesh how this place can abrade ones good will.
I held several high stress jobs , mostly in logistics . I always saw the dificulties as a personal challenge. But i must admit that being here and going thru the daily frustrations makes me feel like Im in a bad Fellini movie.
At least once a week I have the "busy phone" dream.
I have not been able to complete any of the two day projects that i set out to do .
I also see how it has taxed my well being and my personality. I take satisfaction in letting people know how primitive they are . And that brings about the self loathing, because Im not in this world to insult my fellow human. Im stating this just as an example of how life changing it can be to deal with living in BA .
I found that for the most part , the only work i can acomplish is landscaping my property , - oh , yeah , if i happen to get lucky and they have the gasoline i need to mow the lawn.
Hang in there buddy , dont accept defeat !

Dunno Lee, Bogotá is one harsh bitch of a mistress if that's who you're marrying next. I got an annulment after five days and got the hell out of there.

In all seriousness though, good luck wherever you end up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joe Expat Life 57
C Expat Life 13
Back