How is Argentina coping?

HAL29

Registered
As someone who has spent a lot of time in Argentina over the last 3 years I am curious about how things are going with regards to the pandemic.I had hoped to go back this year but that is obviously not happening.

As someone who has spent a lot of time in Argentina over the last 3 years I am curious about how things are going with regards to the pandemic.I had hoped to go back this year but that is obviously not happening.
One word - SHIT. Buenos Aires on lockdown, peso becoming even more worthless, Government still corrupt, tourism is of course dead for a long long time, running out of products because nothing is being made/imported. Wherever you are I suggest you stay there lol

Umm....I can think of worse places to be. Weather is good...food prices are great assuming you are a dollar person....you can walk around and bike and police don't bother you. Nothing is open except restaurant takeout and delivery. Plenty of taxis in B.A. A few businesses are open like hardware stores. Again...I can think of worse places. (Everyone wears a mask or shield or both)

Depends what you're looking for.
To do business or employ people - catastrophic.
To be a tourist - impossible.
To live a "voyeuristic" life on the edges of real-life Argentina living on money coming from abroad - pretty darn good assuming you're a homebody and have a nice place to live.

Cases in AMBA keep going up and no one knows when the peak will be, despite all the lockdown measures. It is a surreal feeling when you see literally everyone you know from all around the world having somewhat "normal" lives abroad while everything here is still frozen in time.
Fortunately for the time being there are still fairly few deaths from the disease but most likely because the increase in cases only started fairly recently, once treatments and research on the virus had time to develop from experiences in Europe and elsewhere or as some European doctors claim, the virus became less virulent over time. Apparently things will start to reopen again from 17JUL-ish... but we have been there before already.

Umm....I can think of worse places to be. Weather is good...food prices are great assuming you are a dollar person....you can walk around and bike and police don't bother you. Nothing is open except restaurant takeout and delivery. Plenty of taxis in B.A. A few businesses are open like hardware stores. Again...I can think of worse places. (Everyone wears a mask or shield or both)
I guess it depends where he is from to know whether or not the situation here offers more than where he is.

SNAFU would some it up perfectly, brevity being a soul of wit

I second this, if you have access to foreign currency, it's not a bad place to be. No shortages of anything, food and wine are plentiful and cheap, most things can be ordered online (though not unfortunately a Kamado BBQ I wanted for my balcony). Where I am it's safe, everyone outside wears a mask or shield, shops check people's temperatures before entering. The negative aspects for me are the never-ending lockdown, home office has become boring, I need to get out and exercise, but on the other hand I'm pretty safe from the virus, and anyone can see that there are worse places to be, pretty much anywhere on the continent other than Uruguay and maybe Paraguay are much worse off.

I am in the UK. I left in November of last year and already then I could see things getting more difficult in Buenos Aires .How about the homeless population in Buenos Aires have they been given any support. Last year I was staying near the center and it was distressing to see whole families on the street.

Back