How Long Until Next Crisis?

Well said and very true.

You can't pinpoint exact moments, the best you can do is follow the trends, reference previous cycles, correlate and as you said speculate.

But it keeps us busy. :rolleyes:

MikeB12 said:
It is impossible to forecast economic conditions one year from now, yet alone 3,4,5 years from now. This thread is obviously just a bunch of speculation led by each person's beliefs and biases.

MikeB12 said:
It is impossible to forecast economic conditions one year from now, yet alone 3,4,5 years from now. This thread is obviously just a bunch of speculation led by each person's beliefs and biases.

Well you may be right and you may be wrong as well, the signs are there and nobody cares much, Mr. Obama said one time when implementing the bail out that business as usual should end, did really end?...it seems everything is going as usual, as we go further in the crisis that kind of behavioral mood is resurfacing again and more people will jump happily in the bandwagon to continue with same uncaring and irresponsible conduct as before..it's happening.

I will recommend to anyone interested in the topic (and who not) of this just released documentary explaining what is going on economically in the world right now and what consequences may lay ahead if we are not able to correct the mistakes done in the recent past.

This is only a preview of such film an eye-opening facts for some.

r622858_4193058.jpg

Overdose - The Next Financial Crisis : Clip with U.S. and Greece

Article on the film which went to air on the 23rd August at 8.30pm on ABC1, the prestigious ABC (The Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Australia's public broadcaster).

The name of the program is:
"Four Corners"

Extra bonus...

Johan Norberg author of the book in which Swedish director Martin Borgs based his film.

Understanding the Financial Crisis (Johan Norberg)

Cheers

HotYogaTeacher said:
That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

Yeah it sure is stupid. I mean a century of CIA black operations in Latin America couldn't have had a major impact on Argentina. Surely the CIA had nothing to do with the disappearance of thousands of people here.

HotYogaTeacher said:
Oh my gosh, goodness yes, the Chinese will be gentle and loving dictators. Welcome them in with open arms...

I don't see them invading and occupying other countries, do you? In fact, I see them peacefully trade with other nations. They may not be democratic, but at least they are not hypocritical about it like you are in the States.

Lucas said:
Johan Norberg author of the book in which Swedish director Martin Borgs based his film.

Johan Norberg... Not only is his accent horrible when speaking English, but you can actually detect his pretentiousness and arrogance in the tone of his Stockholm accent.
During the creation of the dot-com and housing bubble, that he now criticizes, he was busy writing books in defense of multinational companies, claiming they would end world poverty. Now, he is busy writing books on how government interference created the crisis. The guy is a right wing tool.

Yes, he seem to be double face coin but the facts show in his fellow countryman documentary can't be denied. What I don't like of him is his emphasis in trying to disqualify Naomi Klein documentary and her point of view in, The Shock Doctrine.

BTW, hope you did watch the documentary full length as presented by Four Corners program, link is above your post.

Here is the situation in today's markets, not a rosy picture.

Obama gets failing grade on economy

I personally would be more concerned about a crisis in the US than Argentina.

soulskier said:
I personally would be more concerned about a crisis in the US than Argentina.

True, but a crisis in the US will cause a domino effect that will be felt in Argentina. Global economies FTW !!!

Back