How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

Ha, I win! And by win, I mean lose!
We are a family of 2 adults in our early 40s, 2 children, paying $538,000 for OSDE 210.
😭

Ha, I win! And by win, I mean lose!
We are a family of 2 adults in our early 40s, 2 children, paying $538,000 for OSDE 210.
😭
Oh dear. I think you're the undisputed winner :eek: We are childless dog people with an average age of late-ish 40s and the same OSDE plan as you and will be paying 410k Pesos in a week or so. The dog costs as much of either of us as well.

Oh dear. I think you're the undisputed winner :eek: We are childless dog people with an average age of late-ish 40s and the same OSDE plan as you and will be paying 410k Pesos in a week or so. The dog costs as much of either of us as well.
I think you're right. We have the lowest plan possible for OSDE that is bleeding our finances dry, considering the additional co-payments I have for pediatricians, etc.
Unfortunately, I really don't have a choice - Both of my children have autism, so at least OSDE covers the cost of my oldest son's special school and some of their therapies (though not all of them, and/or not all entirely). OSDE pays my kids' therapists so insultingly little that for every hour they actually work with either of my sons, they bill OSDE double the amount of hours on their facturas ("hecha la ley, hecha la trampa"). The thing is OSDE puts a limit on how many hours any therapist or medical professional can bill weekly, so some of them can only provide their services "off the books" in order to be paid (out of pocket, that is).
It's a difficult (and draining) predicament, but I can't drop my prepaga or look for a new one :(

Informed today that November will be 365,000 pesos. It seems that it is a 5% and change increase every month with the government's blessing.

Back