How much would you pay for this apartment?

BAwithkids

Registered
Quiet, tree-lined block in Belgrano R. High-rise building with 24hr doorman, nice-sized pool, gym. 120 m2 with three good-sized bedrooms (no dependencia), central air and heat, high floor with great views (two balconies - both smallish). Completely furnished (furnishings look nice, but we would have someone check everything out). Nice kitchen with dishwasher(!), washing machine, etc. Dining table for 8 and kitchen table for 4. Internet, two (small) tvs in bedrooms (no tv in living room).

Also, looks like bedrooms don't have dressers and there's no desk - we would ask for owner to potentially add these.

Oh, and long-term temporary rental (6-9 months). Weekly maid service.

Thanks!

BAwithkids said:
Quiet, tree-lined block in Belgrano R. High-rise building with 24hr doorman, nice-sized pool, gym. 120 m2 with three good-sized bedrooms (no dependencia), central air and heat, high floor with great views (two balconies - both smallish). Completely furnished (furnishings look nice, but we would have someone check everything out). Nice kitchen with dishwasher(!), washing machine, etc. Dining table for 8 and kitchen table for 4. Internet, two (small) tvs in bedrooms (no tv in living room).

Also, looks like bedrooms don't have dressers and there's no desk - we would ask for owner to potentially add these.

Oh, and long-term temporary rental (6-9 months). Weekly maid service.

Thanks!

Without pictures that's really difficult to say. How old is the building? Where abouts in Belgrano? Furniture modern? By 24hour doorman do you mean 24 hour security or portero/encargado? Plasma tvs? Does the 120 m2 include both indoor and outdoor space? Will you have any pets? Again hard to say without specs and pics but these type of detailed questions are questions you should be asking if you haven't already. Good luck.

P.S. The dishwasher is a bonus. That's a rare find in the city.

LAtoBA said:
Without pictures that's really difficult to say. How old is the building? Where abouts in Belgrano? Furniture modern? By 24hour doorman do you mean 24 hour security or portero/encargado? Plasma tvs? Does the 120 m2 include both indoor and outdoor space? Will you have any pets? Again hard to say without specs and pics but these type of detailed questions are questions you should be asking if you haven't already. Good luck.

P.S. The dishwasher is a bonus. That's a rare find in the city.

The building is pretty new, and the furniture (from the pictures) is modern. It's on Conesa near Echevarria, in terms of location. I don't know about the security, but it's a fairly big building so my thought is the security will be good. One small LCD tv (19") and one small non-flat-screen tv. The 120m2 is indoor space. And we won't have pets.

I'd love any thoughts on a "reasonable" (given the unreasonableness of the tourist/temporary market) suggestions as to rent -the owner has listed a high rent, but has also indicated he is open to negotiations...

BAwithkids said:
I'd love any thoughts on a "reasonable" (given the unreasonableness of the tourist/temporary market) suggestions as to rent -the owner has listed a high rent, but has also indicated he is open to negotiations...

High rent compared to? Do you mind telling us what the rent is? That would also help a great deal.

Also, it's not that the temporary market is reasonable or unreasonable. That is simply the market. Many expats are surprised to see how expensive living in Buenos Aires has become. It's no longer cheap and no longer a bargain. The incessant beat of inflation has raised everyone's expenses, including Argentine owners.

A difficult question to answer.... how long is a piece of string?

120m is not big. Your describing a fully furnished apartment in a top location so would guess between usd 2,000 and 4,000 per month. This would include all expenses, including internet.

Side note: Be wary of apartments below the 6th floor that face a main road as they're very noisy. For security reasons, higher floors are safer and ground or 1st floors are generally out.

Hi BA With Kids,
I responded to one of your postings several weeks ago, as it sounds like we were in similar situations. We just moved back to the USA after a year in BA. We lived in Belgrano R and sent our child to Belgrano Day School. If you need any specific recommendations, feel free to PM me. We loved that neighborhood. We found a great, furnished place in an older building, but it was a total deal. I think you will be looking at close to $2000 a month for the apartment you are describing. I believe I know the building you are talking about, and it is expensive. Also, I second the suggestion about getting a high floor, and I would also recommend looking for a balcony with protective netting if you have young children. Our child was not accustomed to apartment living, so we felt much more secure with the net.
Best of luck!

LAtoBA said:
High rent compared to? Do you mind telling us what the rent is? That would also help a great deal.

Also, it's not that the temporary market is reasonable or unreasonable. That is simply the market. Many expats are surprised to see how expensive living in Buenos Aires has become. It's no longer cheap and no longer a bargain. The incessant beat of inflation has raised everyone's expenses, including Argentine owners.

He's asking $3300, which seems high to me.

Back