How to get USD for rent without fees?

Ryoga said:
furnished+utilities+maid

well im not paying 800, we're paying 1200 and didnt negotiate down for 5 months. my portion is 450 which is a lot better than the 1450 i was paying for a 1BR w/parking in LA

its a matter of luck really, so many rip offs in this town

Your rental price is ok, considering it is a temp, furnished and includes utilities. To ensure that you get teh apartment ok, etc, please do sign the contract and pay whatever money AT the apartment itself, where you can verify that everything is ok ( this is especially valid if you are renting directly from the owner and you don´t have references, if it is a known rental agency, you should be fine either way )

Nikad - Ryoga isn't the original poster.

And again, the OP is talking about paying 5000 for 6 months of a furnished apt - totally reasonable price. I have paid in advance of moving into an apt (usually a matter of a few days). If it's a reputable agency & the apt is empty now, I wouldn't worry to much. However, I wouldn't pay without having a signed contract and the keys in hand.

1. Anyone have experience with Itau bank in Argentina? I have an account in Brazil and I am hoping that I could leverage that in Argentina and save myself some hassles opening a bank account there.

2. Has anyone used xoom.com to transfer money?

I have used it over 20 times to transfer money from my USA bank account to my Itau bank account in Brazil. For USA bank to foreign bank transfers, there's no "fee" but they shave a little off the exchange rate. So, there's no free lunch. The transfer is often completed the same business day. It works great if I am traveling and need to put money in my account.

They have options for Argentina to transfer USA bank to Argentina bank account OR their site says it will transfer to Argentina for cash pickup in US $ or Argentina Pesos.

This might be helpful.

Cash Pickup

Cash Pickup in US Dollars or Argentina Pesos at More Money Transfers, BBVA Banco Francés or Latin Express locations.
mmt_70x20.gif
bbva_banco_frances_123x20.jpg
latin_express_132x20.jpg

300 Branches

i never pay upfront; its against my principles and i wouldnt pay in USD considering the exchange rate forecast is 4:1 this year, esp. if this debt swap doesnt pan out. Kristina is sounding desperate, so something must be going on behind the scenes. i hope im not here when it goes down

Ryoga said:
i never pay upfront; its against my principles and i wouldnt pay in USD considering the exchange rate forecast is 4:1 this year, esp. if this debt swap doesnt pan out. Kristina is sounding desperate, so something must be going on behind the scenes. i hope im not here when it goes down

I know, she sounds desperate and very certain that she will not run again for re-election.....fishy fishy

I would never pay up front such an amount. When I rented a temp. apartment for 6 months I negotiated with the landlord. Upon signing the contract (which we did in the apt itself) and receiving the keys, I paid the deposit and then paid the first two months of rent up front. At the end of those two months we'd update the contract and I'd pay for two months again etc.

Back