Hunger and poverty have risen abruptly over the past 2 years

Its true - wages are low.

But people are extremely lazy. Rain - can not work, hot weather - can not work. Cold weather - can not work. Weekend - can not work.

I have seen trend of laziness even with well paid local personal trainers or Spanish teachers etc. Of course i have met hard working people too but in general , they are v v rare!

I also noted that people in 20s are very confused as to what career to take. MAny take to study to become doctor or nurse but quit after 2 years as its hard studies! The favourite professions are inevitably psychology, translator, personal trainer /yoga etc, Many struggle to study hard careers and put in the work or take hard careers where money could be earned albeit the hard way. Many dont want to do apprenticeship with some rich, successful guy where they could learn the tricks of becoming successful like him. Most expect government to rescue them with little effort from their own self. People From poor countries such as where i come from dont depend on the government or free money ( there are no social programs) - its win or die strategy for many of them! Those people in poor countries, who try very hard and have little luck can really change their lives to that of extreme success with less laziness, less dependence on social programs and win or die attitude!

The new arrivals will always be at the Bottom of the Totem Pole

But people are extremely lazy. Rain - can not work, hot weather - can not work. Cold weather - can not work. Weekend - can not work.

I have seen trend of laziness even with well paid local personal trainers or Spanish teachers etc. Of course i have met hard working people too but in general , they are v v rare!

I also noted that people in 20s are very confused as to what career to take. MAny take to study to become doctor or nurse but quit after 2 years as its hard studies! The favourite professions are inevitably psychology, translator, personal trainer /yoga etc, Many struggle to study hard careers and put in the work or take hard careers where money could be earned albeit the hard way. Many dont want to do apprenticeship with some rich, successful guy where they could learn the tricks of becoming successful like him. Most expect government to rescue them with little effort from their own self. People From poor countries such as where i come from dont depend on the government or free money ( there are no social programs) - its win or die strategy for many of them! Those people in poor countries, who try very hard and have little luck can really change their lives to that of extreme success with less laziness, less dependence on social programs and win or die attitude!

I agree but it is a lie that the public university is expensive in tax terms. 99% of the professors works for free. They give you a chance, you waste it, this is freedom all about.

It cannot be solely cultural factors. People work hard when they have opportunities and incentives for social betterment and where inequalities do not seem insurmountable to social mobility. One intelligent study found "
"[Restricted] social mobility corresponds to the neoliberal period from the middle of the
1970s to 2001. The implementation of neoliberal policies promoted by the Washington Consensus
eliminated the welfare state in favor of a subsidiary state that led to increasing inequality and
polarization in the society. Despite the educational expansion experienced during this period, the
socioeconomic factors weighted more affecting the principle of equal opportunity, and for the first
time in history, Argentina experienced social immobility."
Where education was open to all in primary education then completion rates have always been high and social mobility possible. Less so with secondary education and very much less with higher education until 2006 when education was opened up. There are signs of progress again after 2006 as training became available and the quality of skills attained is historically high. But as you say it requires a new kind of dedication by people who now have access to higher education, often first generation university students. All of that only makes sense if there are good jobs and salaries in private as well as public sectors. The ending of welfare benefits does not help but hinders mobility.

Let us not neglect to understand we are a strong crony capitalism environment as well. A friend or other associate will get a position for that reason even when candidates with far superior qualifications are available. It is far more about who you know that what you in crony capitalism. Food for thought.

Even if they are immigrants called expats with money to spend?
That's a different issue , immigrants referred to the thousands of Venezuelan's , Haitians, Bolivians , Peruvians, etc. that come here to join the workforce.

A few hundred Expats (retired) are just that expats not considered as immigrants...

You can tell a lot about a country and its culture by the slang they use. "Ñoqui," "viveza criolla" and phrases like "hecha la ley, hecha la trampa" were not invented by expats. They were invented by Argentines to describe other Argentines.

Besides, Argentine politicians are not brought in on a ship from Norway. They are a product of Argentine culture. And while culture is obviously not 100% of the problem (nothing ever is), it's a big factor and is very hard to change in the short-run.

You can tell a lot about a country and its culture by the slang they use. "Ñoqui," "viveza criolla" and phrases like "hecha la ley, hecha la trampa" were not invented by expats. They were invented by Argentines to describe other Argentines.

Besides, Argentine politicians are not brought in on a ship from Norway. They are a product of Argentine culture. And while culture is obviously not 100% of the problem (nothing ever is), it's a big factor and is very hard to change in the short-run.

Argentina is a very self loathing society completely opposite to Australia where people honestly believe they live in the best country of the world . They call it the lucky country even though it has tremendous social problems borne out by corruption ie . highest drug usage per capita in the world crystal meth and highest gambling rates per capita in the world which destroys families worse than drug addiction. Gambling is a terrible form of corruption as it affects greatly the poor but its pushed onto the working class of Australia in the most obscene manner due to the huge revenues it brings it for all tiers of government .

Corruption comes in many forms and the west is built on this but they are too hypocritical to be self analytical . I find the USA and Australia the worse examples of this double speak as they are the first to critizice other societies when their own backyard smells of shitee.

The medical system in the USA is a case in point the worlds most expensive and the worlds most intrusive at the same time causing over 100 thousand deaths per year .

Last edited:
Once upon a time, US was the glorious beacon of freedom for the whole world to follow suit. Now both sides of the 1% are struggling for nothing but power and sucking the last drop of blood of the masses who are left with no freebies. You know these crazy things like .. health care, education, drinking water, jobs (other than enlisting in the army to go kill other people .. you don´t need $50,000US tuition fees for that).

They couldn´t find a more corrupt loser (with his son´s nepotism messing around in Ukraine, China and God know where else) to challenge Trump.

Back