I Want To Divorce My Abusive Argentina Wife, But Stay Here!

there is or there was a group of men united to defend their rights as fathers when got divorced. I remember they met once a week or month around the obelisco.

How old is your son?
I would find out what kind of documentation is accepted in divorce and custody cases in Argentina. I'm not sure what the laws are regarding secret recordings and the like...will a judge admit that? Will your child be able to testify and is his custody preference considered?
Unfortunately, with all of the divorced people I know In Argentina, the mothers have gotten nearly full custody with the dads getting every other weekend and Wednesdays. Before you take any action, I would try and gather as much evidence as you can. Once the wheels are set in motion, it will be harder.
Good luck. Your situation sounds awful. It certainly sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and your child to make the break.

I have no living relatives that talk to me because when my wife first met them, she put me against them.

Firstly, if you think that your life is in danger and the life of your child is in danger then you must get out. If she has a history of physical violence then it's probably only a matter of time before things get even worse.

If you don't think that your life is in danger then get video evidence so that when you leave, on your terms, you have a better chance of taking your son with you. Webcam... even voice recordings, security cameras (you were robbed once so have justification). You'll need it.

Store your evidence in the cloud... don't leave it on PC's or USB keys that can be browsed by her.

Good luck.

How can people be so nasty to those close to them... It is sick that a person can behave like that - what went wrong in their life to bring them to this stage? Were there any signs of this behaviour before or has it suddenly started after the birth of the child?

A word of warning to everyone. This is ONE SIDE of the story. This has happened to us before. We read one side, horrified, ready to take action, then read the other person's side and things look very different.
N

Please post the link to the other story (thread) if you can find it. It might be interesting to compare/contrast it to this one.
emo32.gif

I remember it perfectly. Someone named "N" accused a couple of not paying for her service. Everyone ( almost ) got really excited and started writing "name names, give us the address, we'll handle this", etc. This family ( including an 8 year old) became VERY frightened by these threats. We know this because we know them, and we know the other side of the story, and from that side "N" is very much in the wrong. They don't belong to this forum anymore. That taught me a big lesson.
Nancy

I have no living relatives that talk to me because when my wife first met them, she put me against them.

Assuming you had a "decent" relationship with at least a few of your "living relatives" before your wife first met them, how could she have "put you against them" (or turned all of them against you) in what sounds like a very short time?

Also, assuming you will say she told them lies about you, it's quite likely that you will have a daunting battle on your hands in court.

If your wife can lie well enough to turn your relatives against you, she shouldn't have too much difficulty doing the same with the judge...

...unless you have believable (if not unimpeachable) witnesses in Argentina to dispute and (hopefully disprove) the claims she is undoubtedly going to make against you.

Perhaps the best thing that could happen now (at least as far as you're concerned) is if the alleged robber who claimed he was beaten by the police also claims he was hired by your wife to commit the robbery...and he might have to be "interrogated" more than once before he confesses.

If I was writing a screenplay about foreigners living in the country in Argentina, that's how it might play out.
emo32.gif

Regarding your relationship with your relatives....don't write them off. They will always be your family and more importantly your sons family. I used to work as a family counselor and I can tell you with a lot of experience behind me, you can begin again with your relatives. Approach them with the truth, acknowledge your past actions, your regrets, and ask their forgiveness, not just for your sake but that of their grandsons as well. They may even be able to provide you and your son a safe refuge if needed.
And what about her family? Usually they would be able to acknowledge an anger issue with their daughter as it would be something they would've experienced in a lesser degree while she was living with them.

Back