I Want To Divorce My Abusive Argentina Wife, But Stay Here!

Can you search the Internet and identify if she has borderline personality disorder and how to deal with it?

If she has this disorder, go into counseling. This may not work, because for people with this disorder, truth only comes from within and if you question them, they see this as manipulation and a threat they have to attack. Though it may allow you to talk to the psychiatric in private to see if he can classify her as mentally ill and to investigate how to take the child away from her.

If you leave her, do it sudden so she cannot prepare.

Regarding your relationship with your relatives....don't write them off. They will always be your family and more importantly your sons family. [...] Approach them with the truth, acknowledge your past actions, your regrets, and ask their forgiveness, not just for your sake but that of their grandsons as well. They may even be able to provide you and your son a safe refuge if needed....

Up to this point (and likely forever) we have only heard NobodySpecial's side of the story. Based on what he has written so far, there aren't any past actions which would motivate him to ask forgiveness from his family.

I have no doubt his greatest regret is marrying a woman who would throw boiling water on him and hit his (their) son in the face. His wife appears to be a woman who flies off the handle at the slightest provocation, even in situations which no provocation whatsoever was intended and would not have the same result with a woman who was not emotionally disturbed or mentally ill. If what he has expressed here is true, with no serious misrepresentations or omissions, his relatives are also victims of his wife's manipulation and deception.

I can "relate" to his situation because for four months I dated an Argentine woman who was prone to hysterical fits of rage and violence. She also threatened to take measures to have me deported on several occasions. Doing so would have meant making false accusations to migraciones, AFIP, the Aduana, and or the PFA.
emo32.gif

We all make mistakes in life, even or especially when well intended. I'm not taking sides, I'm simply assuming from some remarks that nobody special made, that he was complicit in not having a relationship with his extended family willingly or not. Whatever the reason it seems it would be in everyone's best interest to restore his relationship with his parents and the child's grandparents, and if he believes this would be ideal, it is achievable.

My neighbor is a social assistant. Granted in the "wrong" province but if you want to be put in touch with her let me know. She should be able to tell what's what when it comes to that side at least. I don't know any family law lawyers.

Been here done that and it is time to go to war I mean low down dirty war. Which I did and I won but that was in the USA. Document everything as said in other posts. When you get to court motion for a psychological evaluation of your wife based on evidence. I did that LOL go me full custody. This was years ago but it worked like a charm. That was my strategy not the lawyers. You have to do the legal foot work lawyers are just high paid pawn with certificates in the legal mafia. Most of the are just looking to bill time and love the turn a divorce in the long drawn time sucker so they fill their wallets with your cash.

This blog never ceases to amaze me.
Boiling water?!
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."Mark Twain
If you are telling us the truth
my personal suggestion would be
consult with a lawyer now,
do not wait, do it for your child's sake.
Argentine and International Full Service Law Firm:
http://limeres.com/practices/
INTERNATIONAL FAMILY LAW

Alimony; Child Support; Child Custody; Argentine Family Law; Cross-Border Family Law; Divorce and Legal Separation; International Child Abduction; Complex Community Property Division; Local and International Family Law Cases; Enforcing the Hague Convention in Buenos Aires and All
Argentina/

Read in the middle-time this useful information
regarding family law practice in Argentina:
http://us.practicallaw.com/9-566-4107#a945172
Good Luck!

When I saw that khairy had posted to this thread I thought it might be to address the question regarding NobodySpecial's desire to stay in Argentina after getting a divorce. Since he didn't, I'll add this:

To NobodySpecial, If you already have permanent residency based on your marriage, I don't think you can lose it if you get a divorce. Since your son has an Argentine mother he is an Argentine no matter where he was born and if he was born in Argentina he already has a DNI. If you don't have permanent residency now and your name is on the birth certificate you should be able to get it, regardless of your marital status. You may also be able to apply for citizenship based on being his dad.

I hope that khairy or anyone else with knowledge on the subject will confirm or correct this information.
emo32.gif

Steve:

You are always very helpful and generous with your vast knowledge, especially on residence and immigration topics.

I`m absolutely sure that NobodySpecial, (and everyone on this Forum) knows very well that he can count on your valuable contributions on these topics.

Of course with an Argentine son, he has multiple guaranteed options for residency and citizenship. It goes without saying.
I never thought that was an issue.

I thought the issue was: ..... what is he going to do ?

Back