I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

Me too, .. I kinda think they must justify to their higher up.

But now, it seems that they will do that on their own time, formalities after the fact, after someone is already on the plane back.

Right, they have to. But the officer who is in charge of the "arrest and deportation deparment" is not precisely Mother Teresa of Calcuta.

How can they accuse you of being a permatourist if there is no legal way of qualifying for a DNI that would give you residency? Argentina mi amor !

Fake tourist = illegal inmigrant.

The deportation order says fake tourist.

Fake tourist = illegal inmigrant.

The deportation order says fake tourist.

Immigrants are not idiots because they are robbed. Double M, it is not about correcting a none native English speaker and a weird word as "vulture".

Immigrants are not idiots because they are robbed. Double M, it is not about correcting a none native English speaker and a wired word as "vulture".

Did anyone ever hear the story of the two Argentine men who competed in an English spelling bee?

They were both named Olla, but in English one spelled his name Pot and the other one spelled his name Kettle.

Since they were both non-native English speakers, their spelling was weird and they were both knocked out in the first round.

As they left the auditorium together, Pot was overheard saying to Kettle, "Bee? I didn't see no stinkin' bee!"
emo32.gif

What separates a real tourist from a fake tourist?

A "real tourist" is someone who is visiting Argentina and has a 90 day tourist visa or an extension of that visa (prorroga de permanencia) which is granted at migraciones. A "real tourist" is not "living" in Argentina and has plans to leave.

A "fake tourist" is someone who is "living" in Argentina and leaves and reenters the country every 90 days in order to obtain a new 90 day "tourist" visa. A "fake tourist" has plans to stay in Argentina beyond the180 days that are granted by the tourist visa and the extension, in some cases for multiples of years.

Immigration officials have rarely denied reentry to fake tourists, but it can and does happen, as indicated by the title of this thread.

A "real tourist" is someone who is visiting Argentina and has a 90 day tourist visa or an extension of that visa (prorroga de permanencia) which is granted at migraciones. A "real tourist" is not "living" in Argentina and has plans to leave.

A "fake tourist" is someone who is "living" in Argentina and leaves and reenters the country every 90 days in order to obtain a new 90 day "tourist" visa. A "fake tourist" has plans to stay in Argentina beyond the180 days that are granted by the tourist visa and the extension, in some cases for multiples of years.

Immigration officials have rarely denied reentry to fake tourists, but it can and does happen, as indicated by the title of this thread.

"Fake tourist" is bajo's translation. The deportation order he posted says 'pseudo tourist', which captures the meaning perfectly.

Back