I Was Swindled Out Of $1000 Dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG,

I'd recommend getting your Xoom account setup or fixed and then Xooming me $950US (this with fees is slightly less than $1000).

I'd consider us even at that point.

In addition, I would extend the deadline for keeping your stuff until the end of September (and until then only because I may be moving out of my apartment). You can then relax soaking up the rays on the tranquil beaches of Punta without having to come back to noisy BA ... and BAexpats can go back to getting their drama from Venezuelan telenovelas like I do.

What do you think?

All I know is I would feel extremely bad having promised someone their money and holding it longer than anticipated to prioritise my own situation first. People can convince themselves of many things and what one sees as acceptable behaviour is not to another. IG seems like he has had problem after problem following him - eventually you must distance yourself from people like this. Sounds mean but it's how I see things, people don't need any more headaches in their lives. IG has to learn to help himself and stop using others to support him, even if he is contributing in other ways like cleaning and looking after pets. I HATE owing people anything or feeling obligated to anyone in situations I can control - it's not a good way to live.

IG,

I'd recommend getting your Xoom account setup or fixed and then Xooming me $950US (this with fees is slightly less than $1000).

I'd consider us even at that point.

In addition, I could extend the deadline for keeping your stuff until the end of September (and until then only because I may be moving out of my apartment). You could then relax soaking up the rays on the tranquil beaches of Punta without having to come back to noisy BA ... and BAexpats can go back to getting their drama from Venezuelan telenovelas.

What do you think?

Uhmmm Where is the Beef?

Punta del Este isn't that far away.

To make this right, IG should either wire the money back now, or if that's not possible, make a day/overnight trip to BA and deliver the money in hand as promised. Then he can go back to Punta del Este and stay as long as he wishes.

Or, Joe can make the trip out there, but if he does and there's no money or he can't locate IG, that would be an incredible waste of time and money and even more frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back