I Went To Burger King Today

Joe

Registered
and there was a employee standing by the front door telling me they didn't have any hamburgers. They only had chicken.

I had my heart set on a $15 Whopper Jr.

On a previous occasion, I was ordering my $15 peso Whopper and had my $15 pesos in hand when the lady in front of me (paying with a credit card - waiting to sign) tells me "you're going to need a lot more than that!"

Lines at Burger King and McDonalds. Argentina is the only country I've been to that consistently has long lines at these US multinational junk food eateries. When the corporate wizzy wigs come down from HQ to visit the Argentine operation how does the local management justify the lines?

Maybe because Argentines expect long lines?

and there was a employee standing by the front door telling me they didn't have any hamburgers. They only had chicken.

I had my heart set on a $15 Whopper Jr.

On a previous occasion, I was ordering my $15 peso Whopper and had my $15 pesos in hand when the lady in front of me (paying with a credit card - waiting to sign) tells me "you're going to need a lot more than that!"

Lines at Burger King and McDonalds. Argentina is the only country I've been to that consistently has long lines at these US multinational junk food eateries. When the corporate wizzy wigs come down from HQ to visit the Argentine operation how does the local management justify the lines?

Maybe because Argentines expect long lines?

Lived in Dubai. Always had long lines at McD's and Burger King. Went to Milan. Long lines. Argentina can be criticized for a lot of legitimate things, long lines aren't unique to Argentina though.

In fact, mostly the people who stand in lines here are a lot more civilized than the folks found in Dubai.

If I remember right, Burger King was sold to Brazilian Capitals in 2010. :eek: Thats so wierd.

i think the burger king big wigs should be more concerned that burger king didnt have burgers, than about the long lines. But maybe they just know that most places here are usually out of a couple of important items on any given day.

meta question:
why are you eating at burger king?
I was in Ecuador for 5 months and the few times I tried to eat a hamburger there I almost gagged from the awful white bread and questionable meat. I saw the 15 peso Whopper Jr. on the window and got hooked again - a little - on hamburgers. I just get the burger not the awful fries nor the sugar water.

I'm mostly eating at the Chinese Buffet since it is too hot to cook.

I was in Ecuador for 5 months and the few times I tried to eat a hamburger there I almost gagged from the awful white bread and questionable meat. I saw the 15 peso Whopper Jr. on the window and got hooked again - a little - on hamburgers. I just get the burger not the awful fries nor the sugar water.

I'm mostly eating at the Chinese Buffet since it is too hot to cook.

ok, ill give you that a whopper jr sounds pretty fantastic right about now for some reason.

Where are the Burger Kings?

I don't actually think McDonalds is that bad here - we eat it probably 3 or 4 times a year. Honestly, better that the hamburgers I've had in some higher-end restaurants here :rolleyes:

Where are the Burger Kings?

I don't actually think McDonalds is that bad here - we eat it probably 3 or 4 times a year. Honestly, better that the hamburgers I've had in some higher-end restaurants here :rolleyes:

the only one i can think of off the top of my head is right in front of plaza italia

Back