I'm Rehoming A Rottweiler

citygirl

Registered
This isn't an urgent "must go" situation but thought I would put it out there. We got a beautiful 2 YO Rottweiler (papered, male, not neutered) from a breeder as a guard dog a few months ago.

Pat (the Rott) is intimidating looking but absolutely sweet with humans. He is NOT however friendly with other animals. He will attack other dogs (although he is indifferent to the two tiny street dogs that have set up shop but anything medium sized or above, he is aggressive). He will kill cats.

He needs an experienced big-dog handler and he needs to be in an environment where he is the only pet, no exceptions. He doesn't require much space although probably a place with a fenced yard would be ideal. I wouldn't necessarily recommend walking him (see dog aggressive) unless you're willing to do a lot of work with him which is why I recommend a place with a yard.

The breeder is looking for a new home for him as well and he'll stay with us until they/us find him a new situation. If anyone is interested, drop me a message.

This isn't an urgent "must go" situation but thought I would put it out there. We got a beautiful 2 YO Rottweiler (papered, male, not neutered) from a breeder as a guard dog a few months ago.

Pat (the Rott) is intimidating looking but absolutely sweet with humans. He is NOT however friendly with other animals. He will attack other dogs (although he is indifferent to the two tiny street dogs that have set up shop but anything medium sized or above, he is aggressive). He will kill cats.

He needs an experienced big-dog handler and he needs to be in an environment where he is the only pet, no exceptions. He doesn't require much space although probably a place with a fenced yard would be ideal. I wouldn't necessarily recommend walking him (see dog aggressive) unless you're willing to do a lot of work with him which is why I recommend a place with a yard.

The breeder is looking for a new home for him as well and he'll stay with us until they/us find him a new situation. If anyone is interested, drop me a message.

Neutering the dog would probably reduce his aggresiveness towards other canines (but not toward felines). Still, given he's an adult, he's never likely to be completely trustworthy in that regard.

I knew a huge Belgian Shepherd that would kill cats and fight dogs but (at 8 or 10 yrs old) was infinitely patient with a smaller sized younger bitch he had to lived with only temporarily.

Ajo, would definitely recommend neutering. We planned to but after it became clear he wouldn't be a long term solution here, we put it on hold. I would not trust him with another dog no matter what.

Please don't send him near any of the cats, owned by our dear fellow expats, here.

Back