In Desperate Need Of Help.

Hi all

I want to move to Buenos Aires , i have been there before a few days and i really enjoy it and i found it to be my happy place.
What would you do if you were in my situation? :(

I would travel. If you have money to buy a ticket to another hemisphere you certainly have enough money to consider multiple options and spend some months travelling, and acquire more experience on how countries are different from each other, and how most foreign countries taken together are different from your home country.
explore this site until you realize that you can travel more than you think you can afford to: http://www.nomadicmatt.com/

Why do you think Buenos Aires is your happy place? What other foreign countries have you travelled to in the past? How did you find B.A. different from those? If B.A. is the only foreign city you know, try and expand your knowledge of Geography and update your info on costs of living worldwide. Consider East Asia. Consider regions of Mexico (assuming you're American), and only then re-consider B.A. maybe as part of a South American tour.

It would be helpful if you could tell us where you are from. I am Argentinian and there are some nationalities Argies like more than others. I am being extremely open now. If you are British, French, German, Swiss, American, Uruguayan, Australian, Israel for example it is likely to be easier.

That's a very good point, it depends on what kind of web work you do. Actual developers (programmers) with experience make relatively good money here. One of my last two employees, an Argentino who fled from his own country due to lack of opportunities (not so much in work, because I pay pretty well) and went to live in Scotland, was telling me the other day that guys a bit below his level (he's a very senior programmer who does, like me, mostly web development) are making around $30K pesos a month, which for here isn't bad (although about a quarter of what the same level of experience can get you in the US, for example). My brothers-in-law make around $6K pesos a month working their asses off.

But website layout and graphics and such are pretty low-paying, and being relatively easy to get into (assuming you have some talent for that sort of thing - i.e., it doesn't take years of learning and experience IF you have talent, unlike programming), but therefore not as well paid.

thank you so much for taking the time and providing me with this information. The web i do is mostly backend but procedural php not OOp i am currently trying to learn. I am self taught as i never had the means(money) to go to university and i recently completed a programming course with money i made from freelance work which is hard to find. Most companies here just want wordpress and i have never worked with wordpress or dreamweaver i want to learn OOp rather than wordpress, i use a text editor and code from scratch. I want to come to BA or any south american country and work in web but i would do anything , as long as i can have a place to sleep and some food and maybe a little extra for a treat(i am ice cream crazy haha) i would be on cloud 9.

It would be helpful if you could tell us where you are from. I am Argentinian and there are some nationalities Argies like more than others. I am being extremely open now. If you are British, French, German, Swiss, American, Uruguayan, Australian, Israel for example it is likely to be easier.
Why do argentinians prefer certain nationalities?

i am neither of those. Why do argentinians prefer certain nationalities?

Oh God... Help! I have always been politically incorrect but I am afraid to now. I'd rather let other people say what they think. I stand for the values of one particular social group as well.

Why do argentinians prefer certain nationalities?

Because, sadly, that's the way the world is. Like many countries, many Argentines blame social problems on immigrants from poorer countries - in this case, Bolivia, Paraguay, and Peru.

mmm I don't know how Argentinians feel about Eastern Europeans, Africans, Asian... What do you think? You are ok as long as you are from western Europe, that's for sure.

mmm I don't know how Argentinian feel about Eastern Europeans, Africans, Asian... What do you think? You are ok as long as you are from western Europe, that's for sure.

Eastern Europeans - curious(expect to be called ruso)
Africans - suspicious yet curious or assumed to be Brazilian (expect to be called negro)
Asians - suspicious, yet probably as amigos with the new Chinese loans. (expect to be called chino, regardless of country of origin)

Eastern Europeans - curious(expect to be called ruso)
Africans - suspicious yet curious or assumed to be Brazilian (expect to be called negro)
Asians - suspicious, yet probably as amigos with the new Chinese loans. (expect to be called chino, regardless of country of origin)

mmm I wouldn't be so optimistic

Back