Indian - Thai food

I've been to Mash in San Telmo quite a few times. Always enjoyed it. Run by a British guy and his boyfriend.
You have got to be kidding me. By far one of the worst places I've ever been. I went there with an Argie friend who didn't want to enter because no one was in there, but I convinced her because I wanted her to try curry. So we order curry. They take it out of the fridge and put it in the microwave! I don't use a microwave, so I don't expect it in a restaurant. It was horrible but we didn't say anything. We got to talking with the owner because a women with him there was a friend of a friend whom I had had a drink with before. Well the owner (or his boyfriend?) was already stinking drunk and he started to rope into us. I don't remember over what as it was a long time ago.

I tried to switch into Spanish since my friend didn't speak English and I think it is rude to speak/insult your patrons in a language they don't understand in their own country. As we dined he got more drunk and continued to insult us in atrocious Spanish. Truly one of the worse dining experiences I ever had. Don't know how they stay in business as it is always closed or empty and people deal paco out of a casa tomada across the street, so it's a sketchy block. Not to mention the mean, seemingly women-hating drunk running the place!

And sorry, don't know any here that could come close to my indian auntie's food; but glad to read that there seems to be a couple of decent ones now.

Hmm... after hearing a lot of good feedback about Lotus, we (group of 6) decided to try it out early last year. It was terrible. Possibly the worst Pad Thai I've ever had. The other dishes did not impress either, maybe except for one of the curries which was "good". Maybe they had a bad service that one night, but I haven't been back since, and don't plan to.

I've never understood Pad Thai. I feel like ordering it is like going to a Steak House (Parrilla in BsAs) and ordering Hamburger Helper.

Just talking out loud. B)

I've never understood Pad Thai. I feel like ordering it is like going to a Steak House (Parrilla in BsAs) and ordering Hamburger Helper.

Just talking out loud. B)

I hear you... :) to me is a measure item. If a "thai" restaurant can't even get a basic item like Pad Thai right, then that usually says a lot about the rest of the menu.

There are two basic Pad Thai dishes, one for an appetite and the other for main dish. The formula is various and it should come out exact every time you make it. The secret is the sauce which contains a little sour, salty, sweet and nutty at the same time. In many cases, they cook the noodle and other ingredients at once, as the result the Pad Thai came out different every time they cook. The sauce needs to be made separately and wait until it cool then incorporated once the noodle is cooked.

Next time, you visit a Thai restaurant, make sure the chef speaks perfect Thai and he or she doesn't look like either Chinese or Caucasian.

I suspect most of us might have more than a little trouble trying to get access to the chef and moreover we might not be best placed to question their Thai language skills....given that most of us would struggle to count to 3 in Thai !

You have got to be kidding me. By far one of the worst places I've ever been. I went there with an Argie friend who didn't want to enter because no one was in there, but I convinced her because I wanted her to try curry. So we order curry. They take it out of the fridge and put it in the microwave! I don't use a microwave, so I don't expect it in a restaurant. It was horrible but we didn't say anything. We got to talking with the owner because a women with him there was a friend of a friend whom I had had a drink with before. Well the owner (or his boyfriend?) was already stinking drunk and he started to rope into us. I don't remember over what as it was a long time ago.

I tried to switch into Spanish since my friend didn't speak English and I think it is rude to speak/insult your patrons in a language they don't understand in their own country. As we dined he got more drunk and continued to insult us in atrocious Spanish. Truly one of the worse dining experiences I ever had. Don't know how they stay in business as it is always closed or empty and people deal paco out of a casa tomada across the street, so it's a sketchy block. Not to mention the mean, seemingly women-hating drunk running the place!

Every curry I've had has been great, never saw them take it out of any microwave. It is a bit empty early on.
But yes the owners can be hit and miss with some people. I've heard they don't like USAers there.

Its a kind of a Marmiteplace I guess.

Simply ask if the chef is Thai or is it run by a Thai person. Vilas's wife is going to open a Thai restaurant within the next few months, and she is a great cook.

good luck

Yeah, you see what I am trying to say is no one would know if they are telling the truth ! Anyway, whenever this restaurant opens please tell us on the forum !

Does anybody have the details of the indian chef that offers cooking lessons and delivery of indian food?

Back