International Post

Regarding parcels taking as much as 3 months to arrive in Arg, and also in reference to the poster saying he/she hasn't received shipments from the UK in any timely fashion, I have had UK companies' mailed shipments of clothing take 6-7 weeks to reach just Canada. 'Normal' in Canada was 3+ weeks from the UK and mainland Europe. Argentina is much farther away than Canada.

The huge increase worldwide each year in online shopping slows things down but most countries' postal services do a pretty good job. However, when that increase follows the Christmas period, a great deal of patience is required. The first 3 months of a year sees the longest delays. Canada's Postal Service is also very strict and picky. That added to delays as well.

When I became worried that something might never arrive and I had no tracking mechanism, I'd call the seller in Europe, ask which day it was put into the hands of that country's international post. They investigated, got back to me with info that shed light on the situation, and got involved with my problem. Over 7 years, I imported thousands of goods from Europe (and the US) - everything for my family, home and myself. Don't suffer alone. Sellers want to help their customers. This won't stop Arg's 50% duty rate or your having to fill out an online AFIP form. But persistence and seeking help at each stage from the right people, and maintaining patience WHILE you're proactive can work to reduce frustration and get you your parcels even in a difficult country. Despair is the pits.

But are these just letter post or parcels. I find that anything like A4 size papers takes a few weeks but anything substantial takes much longer.
Every single one was about a 10kg parcel.

I'm pretty sure that some aduana bloke is now using the gift sunglasses my mate sent me as I've yet to receive an advice note.
I'll pop into the local post office and ask.

Every single one was about a 10kg parcel.

Strangely I ordered something from the states the other week, only a screen protector.But the correo collection card turned up today after only 8 days, and i`m not even in BA. I still have to collect it from the local correo mind. But i never had anything from the UK that quick. 2 weeks was the fastest. Be interested to know how it was sent to get here that quick.

Strangely I ordered something from the states the other week, only a screen protector.But the correo collection card turned up today after only 8 days, and i`m not even in BA. I still have to collect it from the local correo mind. But i never had anything from the UK that quick. 2 weeks was the fastest. Be interested to know how it was sent to get here that quick.
Mine are from the US and it is sent via priority mail from the US post office.

Ok, so I went to el Correo in Retiro last Monday. The little 0.350 kg box had been addressed to my daughter, it was just some girls plastic jewelry, pins and bracelets.

They have set up a small tent before you enter in order to guide you - that's where they give you the AFIP applications.

I went in an explained that the package was addressed to my daughter - the employee did not know what to do, so he called his superior. His superior said "you need to bring her gift certificate". HAHAHA. Anyway, I was prepared for this, so I opened my daughter's DNI and showed the idiot that I am listed on my daughter's DNI as her mother.

Then I took the number for the line to PAY the $25 pesos for RECEIVING a GIFT (granted, everyone buys things and have them sent as gifts, so no matter what, you have to pay).

By the way, the AFIP application is for PURCHASES made abroad, but again, no matter what, you just need to fill out the application.

After you pay, you just need to sit down and wait for your package number to be called. This is the longest part of the process.

When your package number is called, the Aduana inspectors ask you what is inside your package (my package was really a gift, I did not know exactly what was in there). I did not have to pay any other fees.

The lady behind me was on her 3rd day going to the Correo because the first 2 times she could not pay her custom fees since the bank clerk who collects the payments closes his window at 6 and she could not make it earlier.

So that was my experience. I have to say that this was my first time going there after AFIP's resolution last year, and that this time there were more clerks to make the process faster (the Correo part goes faster - the Aduana part does not). I spent 2 hours there.

Everyone who was in line for the Aduana was complaining about this stupid regulation. I hope all of them remember this next time they vote.

To conclude, it is easier to import cocaine on a plane than to get an innocent package with kids stuff. And here goes another achievement for Cristina and her band of gangsters.

Enjoy your long weekend!

Ok, so I went to el Correo in Retiro last Monday. The little 0.350 kg box had been addressed to my daughter, it was just some girls plastic jewelry, pins and bracelets.

They have set up a small tent before you enter in order to guide you - that's where they give you the AFIP applications.

I went in an explained that the package was addressed to my daughter - the employee did not know what to do, so he called his superior. His superior said "you need to bring her gift certificate". HAHAHA. Anyway, I was prepared for this, so I opened my daughter's DNI and showed the idiot that I am listed on my daughter's DNI as her mother.

Then I took the number for the line to PAY the $25 pesos for RECEIVING a GIFT (granted, everyone buys things and have them sent as gifts, so no matter what, you have to pay).

By the way, the AFIP application is for PURCHASES made abroad, but again, no matter what, you just need to fill out the application.

After you pay, you just need to sit down and wait for your package number to be called. This is the longest part of the process.

When your package number is called, the Aduana inspectors ask you what is inside your package (my package was really a gift, I did not know exactly what was in there). I did not have to pay any other fees.

The lady behind me was on her 3rd day going to the Correo because the first 2 times she could not pay her custom fees since the bank clerk who collects the payments closes his window at 6 and she could not make it earlier.

So that was my experience. I have to say that this was my first time going there after AFIP's resolution last year, and that this time there were more clerks to make the process faster (the Correo part goes faster - the Aduana part does not). I spent 2 hours there.

Everyone who was in line for the Aduana was complaining about this stupid regulation. I hope all of them remember this next time they vote.

To conclude, it is easier to import cocaine on a plane than to get an innocent package with kids stuff. And here goes another achievement for Cristina and her band of gangsters.

Enjoy your long weekend!
I was there the other day and didnt fill out the AFIP form, and picked up my package with no problem but mine wasnt a purchase, it was my family sending me personal stuff.

I was there the other day and didnt fill out the AFIP form, and picked up my package with no problem but mine wasnt a purchase, it was my family sending me personal stuff.

Did you have a Correo slip? We have received nothing and I was wondering whether to make the long trip down there and sit for two hours to pick up a few small Birthday presents for my son.

They must be paying more in salaries for the incompetence of the bureaucracy than they are making from the actual tax itself.

When you get the correo argentina slip does it say anything about the price and tax you have to pay or a VEP number to make the 50% tax payment to AFIP?

The real issue here is the timing, freaking slow, and the nuance of having to go to the middle of nowhere by Retiro to get stuff. Other than that I would say we need to cut these folks some slack here..I send myself parcels from everywhere in the world and never EVER did not receive an item. My last four from Malaysia.

Back