Internet Disfunctional Now

Amazing it is working tonight without TOR. Also got a message from someone else here on the forum that it is working for her and cross my fingers.

Another comment, During this time I received about 14 emails addressed to News With Views complaining about all the emails they were getting. My email address was nowhere on the emails, and yet they were landing in my inbox (Yahoo!). I don't know what that was about. I sent one to News With Views, wondering if it was a virus. But how in the world did it get to my inbox? Those seem to have stopped.

Ghost, I don't agree with you about Fibertel.
We've been using them in five or six different places since 2005 with very little to complain about.
For a brief period a couple of years ago we used Arnet and hope never to have to use them again.
We live near Olivos, so I can only assume the problems are specific to Cap Fed.
Has anyone phoned Fibertel to ask what's going on?

Problems seem to have cleared up as of this morning.

And yes, Fibertel Evolution has been very reliable for me and relatively quick too. Been pretty happy with it...

And yes, Fibertel Evolution has been very reliable for me and relatively quick too. Been pretty happy with it...

How much is it monthly?

My Fibertel was awful this AM in Palermo Hollywood. I'm now in Palermo Botanico area - Ugarteche/Cabello and it's working fine. I just moved to Palermo Hollywood and am hoping where I am isn't a bad pocket....

On a related note: I invested in one of these the other day. I didn't look too much into the details, but if I understand correctly it'll allow me to pool both arnet & fibertel into one connection, while at the same time giving me a kind of vpn to wherever they have their servers. Sounds like the answer to all my problems tbh (but obviously very early days yet)

This is interesting, i initially just glossed over it but looking closer it is basically line bonding to one of their servers.

With separate connections you have multiple options.

1: Use them separately. (you connect to one at a time.) This gives you a backup connection if one goes down but doesn't use both connections at the same time.

2: Load Balance. (I bought one of these http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/Tl-r470t but you could just as easily use an old pc with linux to do it.) This is basically set-up to split connections over both lines so that if 1 person is maxing out one line watching youtube or something the router will route other traffic through the other line.

3: Bonding through VPN. This is what that kickstarter does in hardware, i presume they limit the connection so it can only connect to their VPN. If anyone with 2 network cards fancies it all you need to do is setup a VPS to bond the connections for you and instant fat pipe!
The TL-R470T+ can connect via L2TP so it may be possible to use it too, i'll be giving it a wee go later at some point.

http://www.zeroshell.org/ is a nice ready made Linux OS, if you can find a company setting up VPS's with it.
you can watch someone doing it on youtube here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIeXAqdbpzI
Added bonus is that if you get a VPS in the UK you can stream BBC or a US VPS and you can stream the US ones.

Back