Is Argentina Doomed?

ghost said:
Background ,Yes, $$$$$, yes. Doomed, Yes. The country is fucked. From every possible angle. Dead and still walking. But not for long.

Are you referring to Argentina or the US?

Thank you Steveinbsas for a well thought out post.

I am active on various discussion boards, and this particular board stands out for a popular and interesting destination, and very shallow, inconclusive posts. I know I am new, and this may seem rude ... but, come on, we should be able to create deeper and more meaningful discussions than has been the case so far.

And, on that note, can anyone post other discussion boards for South American destinations that could be helpful? You can PM me too.

Again, my apologies if this seems offensive, I am just keeping it real.

jp said:
No he didn't. He made sweeping generalisations and provided nothing in the way of evidence. I've heard better arguments for reptile controlled new world orders running global financial systems. Well, can you argue they aren't? Etc etc.

If he posted something worth discussing we could discuss it, but seeing as he didn't there's not much point discussing a fairly ignorant and simplistic rant.

But still you feel the need to respond. Pretty sad indeed

Marginally less sad than your tragic pleas for attention.

I would only say as Warren Buffet, Benjamin Graham, and John Templeton said " sell at the peak of optimism and buy at the peak of pessimism"

Nothing else to respond to, people here love demagoguery and to hear themselves talk, in the end the results for each individual is all that matters. Their own life and choices are their own.

Again, that is what makes markets, and I assume some of the people posting here have always been right and are posting from their G-5 on the go.

I am not meaning to insult anyone in particular as everyone has a right to their opinion but when people post with such certainty and absolute fact in their opinions, I say that crosses a line from opinion and comment make believe fact.

I only hope their are many more that have the same level of pessimism, that only means the opportunity is better than we think.

EMR said:
I would only say as Warren Buffet, Benjamin Graham, and John Templeton said " sell at the peak of optimism and buy at the peak of pessimism"

Nothing else to respond to, people here love demagoguery and to hear themselves talk, in the end the results for each individual is all that matters. Their own life and choices are their own.

Again, that is what makes markets, and I assume some of the people posting here have always been right and are posting from their G-5 on the go.

I am not meaning to insult anyone in particular as everyone has a right to their opinion but when people post with such certainty and absolute fact in their opinions, I say that crosses a line from opinion and comment make believe fact.

I only hope their are many more that have the same level of pessimism, that only means the opportunity is better than we think.

Why would you hope that there are many more with the same level of pessimism unless you only hope to profit from the loss of many others?

That zero sum game mentality is what is destroying the US economy right now.

That being said, I actually think the level of pessimism in Argentina has is likely to increase in the future, but it doesn't necessarily follow that Argentines will be dumping real estate any time soon. The haves already have the property and the money. Why would they sell off cheaply, and to whom?

Because they get no cash return and the costs are escalating?

There are always people looking to sell

BlahBlah said:
Because they get no cash return and the costs are escalating?

There are always people looking to sell

Of course there are always sellers. At this time there are clearly a lot more sellers than buyers, but I haven't seen price drops that reflect widespread desperation.

I bought in 2006 and just sold for a profit (also saved 30K USD in rent). Those who bought in early to mid 2008 might not be so fortunate.

Even so, there has yet to be a panic sell off.

Prices clearly are going down and the bigest hit is probally yet to come

can you expand the topics to include other commodities and living standards, rather than just you apartments?

WTF?!?!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iznogud Expat Life 10