Is President Kirchner Improving The Lives Of Argentinos?

Is President Cristina Kirchner Improving the Lives of Argentinos?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 86.1%

• Total voters
It is a waste of time.
DC1.jpg

Sin Precio.

DC1.jpg

Sin Precio.

But it is true. He, like most Argentinians, was indoctrinated his whole life about the "class struggle", "surplus-value" and other Marxist concepts. For him and millions like him, reality can only exists within the concept of labor vs. capital and it is up tot he state to protect labor. he can't see the world under any different optic. I know because I was educated the exact same way while growing up in Brazil. As flawed as his logic is, I understand it and sympathize with it. For him, YPF now belongs to the "people" after being nationalized. he will never see a dime from it. he or his child will never benefit from it, if they are not part of the select few political appointees who will "work" at YPF. But he just can't see it. For him now YPF is out of the hands of the "evil capitalists" and belongs to the nation again. he can't see it any other way. And he is not alone. Most of Argentina is with him.

Whenever something goes wrong in Argentina, it's the IMF's fault.

I strongly suggest you to read the Washington Consensus principles + the "recommendations" from IMF that Argentina followed to the letter in the 90s.
Just read it.

Matiasba, although I am not a fan of the IMF at all, the disasters of the Menem era need, first and foremost, to be blamed on the terribly executed policies of that government and not on external factors (like someone explained a couple of posts ago)

Anyway, check this out people
http://www.buenosair...-heart-and-soul

Robert Cox is a great journalist with a deep understanding of the country.

Matiasba, although I am not a fan of the IMF at all, the disasters of the Menem era need, first and foremost, to be blamed on the terribly executed policies of that government and not on external factors (like someone explained a couple of posts ago)

It is not an external factor, it is an internal. Or at least a relationship of Arg with the IMF. Of course the way they implemented that policies here was terrible, alla Argentina, but what Im criticizing are the policies itselves. As every free market policy, it concentrated the capital in less hands, and excluded a lot of people, ruined lot of pymes, medium-large argentines companies sold to americans, and the consequences could not have been other than unemployment, poverty, and a huge collapse of it all.

About Robert Cox, although I dont agree with his political opinions, I, and the leftists this country have, respect him a lot because of the posture he had in (against) the dictatorship. He was almost the only non-leftist journalist that did something (since Clarin & Nacion were allies to the dictatorship).

Shame on all of you who complain about Mr. Robert Fox. Whatever his opinions , or those of who you read , or believe , he is a respected journalist. Never base your opinion of information on one source. Read them all , be informed , and make an intelligent decision based on your ability to understand and comment intelligently on said facts. Only if you are able to be honest and refuse to hide behind your rose collared sunglasses. Or look at yourself in the mirror , and say my government does not lie. Because if you believe that , you are lying to yourself.

Know what you are talking about before throwing stones.

Back