Is The Economy Dead In Argentina?

wow, Italy and Spain stronger? Seriously? They have always been the slowest and most corrupt countries in western Europe... Why not compare against Canada, Australia, etc like Cristina did? The economy is not doing OK. The country has not had 50 years of 25% inflation yearly, that is BS: These inflation rates eat up any growth. Numbers for monkeys. Growth is calculated using some of INDEC´s numbers... growth, really? I second the stand up day job for you ;)

Strongest economies than Argentina, about 3 times more PBI.

I was wrong, average inflacion of 25/30% was the standard since 1880:
http://www.mariorapoport.com.ar/uploadsarchivos/la_inflacio__n_en_pdf.pdf

In my personal opinión, the lack of population produces the issues about inflación in Argentina.

http://www.mariorapo...o__n_en_pdf.pdf

In my personal opinión, the lack of population produces the issues about inflación in Argentina.

Why, then, does Chile - with a population less than half that of Argentina's - have low single-digit inflation?

I could even add that the Falklands, with a population smaller than 3,000, has miniscule inflation.

Why, then, does Chile - with a population less than half that of Argentina's - have low single-digit inflation?
and why is the inflation of

Antigua and Barbuda (1.4%), pop.: 81,799
Jamaica (6.8%), pop.: 2,889,187
Nicaragua (7.4%), pop.: 6,071,045
Uruguay (7.8%), pop.: 3,286,314

so much lower than the Argentine?

If the lack of population produces the issues about inflation, theirs should be in the hundreds of percents.

Instead of asking how is the economy doing you should ask how you will be able to make money in the economy. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, if you are smart and willing to bend, you can do well in many economic situations. Case in point: after the 2001 economic crash some industries such as film production services and wine BOOMED in Argentina.

http://www.mariorapo...o__n_en_pdf.pdf

In an underdeveloped country, 2 % growth is nothing in growth terms. I believe part of the reason why there is inflation is due to the lack of investment in critical areas, and also private companies do not invest to be able to produce more.... supply and demand, they keep the supply relatively low and limited to be able to charge crazy prices, and now thanks to Moreno, we have no choice, we are at their mercy.

And by the way, people, middle class, or what is left of it, buy cars to try to preserve their devaluing pesos, and because they cannot afford to buy properties. Here is the scheme: properties for the rich, cars for the middle class and subsidies for the poor. Each one where they belong and with few chances of living a better future.

If you want to make some serious money or work in two of the most lucrative sectors in our current economy, I suggest: get into drug dealing or producing or get into politics and the public administration. With that you are set. Those are the two fastest growing and expanding areas there days. La decada ganada.

Back