Is The Economy Dead In Argentina?

And by the way, people, middle class, or what is left of it, buy cars to try to preserve their devaluing pesos, and because they cannot afford to buy properties. Here is the scheme: properties for the rich, cars for the middle class and subsidies for the poor. Each one where they belong and with few chances of living a better future.

If you want to make some serious money or work in two of the most lucrative sectors in our current economy, I suggest: get into drug dealing or producing or get into politics and the public administration. With that you are set. Those are the two fastest growing and expanding areas there days. La decada ganada.
Yes..I agree..the best option would be to become a Kirchneri$ta :cool: ....now that would be a lucrative career to get into! :p

I agree with Nikad, it was removed cause the 'Ley de Medios' said so ;) !

So this forum might be authoritarian and abusing of its position by deleting my message and let others say whatever they want. It is totally impartial and deforms reality, cause they must publish proK messages too!! If not by reading this forum we might think that Kirchnerismo is only 2%!!! ;)

If not by reading this forum we might think that Kirchnerismo is only 2%!!! ;)
Sorry to say, but no...not much Kirchnerismo around here...I would say check that your browser is not playing tricks on you first. How was it lost?

I think that happens once in a while that some messages go for moderation...

Where si my message? :confused: :mad:
Except for Clarín, the media law and inflation removing it - every now and then a post is stopped and delayed for inspection, randomly or because it contains certain words or exp<b></b>ressions recognized by the software. Has happened, oh, some 30 times for me over the years. It may show up later.

Yeah, been there sent that snarky msg to the admins. It's not you , it's the system. Your message will show up once someone gets round to releasing i reckon.

I wouldn't say the economy is dead - people are still working and spending money, however each month the peso buys less and less and many feel there is an economic crash looming on the horizon.

People aren't starving for work, either - just see how many call backs you get or email responses to wanting to purchase something. Of course they'd rather sit on old stock and sell 1 item a month at exorbitant prices than actually move volume. :p

Your biggest challenge will be to find work which allows you to live comfortably - if an average/low salary is 6000 a month, that's roughly $600 USD in blue (real) dollars. Basics can be covered, but anything extra (clothes, going out, furniture, travel, etc) will be very tight. If you have a job that pays in dollars, you should be much better off.

As I said many times here, economic growth since 2003 is reaching its limit. We grew for more than 8 years at 8%, and that went to a 2% due imports restrictions. But we re still growing. As someone said, you can still see the shopping centers packed, consumption is high, thats also because people cant save. The automobile sector is producing a million cars per year, even my gardener bought a brand new car this year!! The automobile market is reaching its limit, there are in the streets 10 million of new cars, 1 million for 10 years, and as we say "te tiran los autos por la cabeza", which means, there are tons of financiation to sell cars nowadays. So to have this boom with cars industry means that people have money to buy new cars, and its not like a candy, its a car, thousands of dollars. There are 13 countries in the world that produces as many cars as we do. Only 13!!
So internal market is strong. You see movement, people going from one place to another, people on the streets, transport is very cheap, of course to allow movement, to stimulate internal market. You should have seen the country in 2002, streets were dead, negocios were dead, no people in the street, Panamericana empty, without traffic, no movement. People only got out of their houses to protest, that was a dead economy.

I saw a chart about a month ago, I cant remember the link, but was somethinng like what % of exports in Argentina were agro products and which percentage was industrial goods, technology, etc, in 2001 and in 2010, and compared Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. Mexico had like a 50% of technology products, but they didnt change in the last 10 years, Brazil had also a big percentage, cant remember the number, but went down in the last ten years, and Argentina went from 16% to 25%. So there is the change from 25% unemployment to 5-6% as we have today, in the industry, in the recovery.

But as I said we re not growing at 8%, we re in 2% and after growing for 10 years. We never in our history grew more than that. So we are in the limit. I think recession is about to begin, if not with this government with the next, probably not K, that will devaluate, make an ajuste, eliminate subsidios, slow down the economy with a lot of measures, etc.

About inflation, is a huge tax that affects the lower strata, but you have paritarias for the 70% of the job market and the other 30%, the ones who work en negro have a lot of subsidios of different kind. A lot of people in this forum said last week that despite inflation this country is still cheap. I know, you have to earn in dollars, but I know people who earn 6000 pesos and live well. We can live here with less money than in the US and Japan, UK, etc, and that is taking into consideration the inflation.

Instead of asking how is the economy doing you should ask how you will be able to make money in the economy. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, if you are smart and willing to bend, you can do well in many economic situations. Case in point: after the 2001 economic crash some industries such as film production services and wine BOOMED in Argentina.

Those who know how to CREATE wealth will do so as long as they are free enough to do so...regardless of the "current" crisis.

Eventually, they won't.

Atlas may shrug (even in Argentina), but (hopefully) individuals will eventually prevail.

Back