Is The Piropo A Dying Art ?

http://www.infobae.com/2014/04/20/1558471-en-filosofia-y-letras-protestan-desnudos-contra-el-acoso-callejero

0010918094.jpg

Dos jóvenes que acudieron a una fiesta realizada en la facultad de la Universidad de Buenos Aires decidieron manifestarse contra la práctica de piropear sin ropa y con inscripciones en el cuerpo

I read this last week: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1679757-piropos-la-mayoria-de-las-mujeres-prefiere-no-recibirlos

I love a good compliment like the rest and and always respond with a smile but some Bsas catcalling is so aggressive
If there's one person on this planet I'd love to dedicate a civilized piropo to, it would definitely be you, the mysterious goddess ''fifs2'', the woman of my dreams....

Cheech and Chong didn't launch anything, just smoked weed all day.

You say that like it was a bad thing...

How ironic is it that these posts would appear together in a thread that includes the word "dying" in the title? I met Cheech and Chong the same day in 1973 (in my leather shop in Bloomington, Illinois) that I met a man who, at the time was living in Aspen and has been hugely influential in my life. He was the one who urged me to buy property that year on Main Street in Park City, Utah. I was 23 at the time. He also invited me to visit Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico for the first time in 1986. I lived in Park City for fifteen years and Sayulita for five, building on property I bought in both locations and enjoying the good life without smoking anything.

My friend was a genius when it came to making the right business decision at the right time. Following his advice brought both success and happiness.

He also smoked weed all day, every day. (Fortunately, not something I emulated).

He is now dying from lung disease.

That is a very bad thing.

How ironic is it that these posts would appear together in a thread that includes the word "dying" in the title? I met Cheech and Chong the same day in 1973 (in my leather shop in Bloomington, Illinois) that I met a man who, at the time was living in Aspen and has been hugely influential in my life. He was the one who urged me to buy property that year on Main Street in Park City, Utah. I was 23 at the time. He also invited me to visit Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico for the first time in 1986. I lived in Park City for fifteen years and Sayulita for five, building on property I bought in both locations and enjoying the good life without smoking anything.

My friend was a genius when it came to making the right business decision at the right time. Following his advice brought both success and happiness.

He also smoked weed all day, every day. (Fortunately, not something I emulated).

He is now dying from lung disease.

That is a very bad thing.

Like my ideological soul brother Steve, I find it hard to work up any sympathy for collectivists like Ayn, who pump themselves full of toxic substances such as nicotine and then expect the rest of us to support and nurse them with Social Security and Medicare.

Back