Judgement Left Intact: Vulture Funds

La Diabla is going to be speaking about "the situation" live tonight at 9.

I sense a drinking game: For every time she blames the vulture funds, previous governments, the USA,
the supreme court, other political parties, people who hoard dollars, the rich, etc. take a drink.

If she admits Argentina did something wrong or that she can't fix it or that it's Argentina's fault you must
drink a whole bottle of malbec in under 5 mins.

YPF stock crashed this morning last time I checked, down ~$6.00/share

Are you saying the US Supreme Court is not paid off ?....Just look at Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission
(The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions.)

I think he means the price is too high. Pesos Argentinos, Choripan, alfajores, and Malbec are not forms of payment accepted.

Argentina got what it deserves...bad administrations one after the other elected by people who don't care
If you ask most of the highly opinionated know it all Argentine citizen don't even know who represent them in the chambers
The sad part of it all is that this country can make a profit and always will ,unfortunally it was always miss managed
The day you see no one running for office then go ahead and worry because it means there is no more money to steal

Heh, didn't mean to give offense.
As far as "yanquis de m**rda", well...I hope I don't get the crap beat out of me for being American, but I can see where they are coming from. This is a shakedown, pure and simple. Argentina was set up and ripped off.

No offense taken, I just found it funny that you have all that "inside information" like Choripanes & Anibal´s mustache, people don't usually know about those things until after being here for a long time, and even then to many they are hard to explain, you have become "Argentinizando" before many others do.

I don't agree with Argentina having to pay those bonds at face value plus interest either. When people make an investment, there is always risk involved, whether it's a stock, bond, savings account, etc. If the stock goes down, the bond loses value or the savings bank closes - YOU LOSE and if you can get SOME of your original investment back, well then you are lucky. I've never heard of an investor who lost being able to go to court and somehow convince the court to pay you fulll value plus interest - and even less when you weren't even the original investor - the vulture funds are like a collection agency, bought defaulted bonds for pennies on the dollar and parlayed that into the value of the original investment plus interest? Something is very very wrong here.......

It would be best for Argentina to default. The main down side is that it makes it harder to borrow money. Politicians love borrowing money to help them get reelected and to steal. Without the politicians borrowing then Argentines won't be left with as much of a debt burden as most other countries.

Are you saying the US Supreme Court is not paid off ?....Just look at Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission
(The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions.)

I am no fan of the current court, but if you have evidence that Roberts, Scalia et al. took bribes, please show it to me (and the rest of the world). I'd like to see them impeached.

Even if that's true, my point still holds: Argentina has never before met a court it couldn't buy off.

Will CFK tonite come up with a conciliatory message for the Vulture Funds ??? :rolleyes:

Back