Justice For The Kirchnerista!

So, use a credit card?

According to the consulting firm Ecolatina--and curiously reported by Clarín--Argentines spent a "record amount" of money abroad last year. 12.8 percent more people traveled abroad in 2012 vs. 2011.

The Clarín article goes on to note that most used a credit card abroad.

Perhaps the term "cepo" is indeed a media construction.

I believe we all have a friends spouse , or relative or whomever that is a Kirchnerite. I try to avoid the discussion at all costs. But it does happen. I happen to find them all mostly delusional , and border line in need of serious therapy and Medication. A friend of my wife's married a die hard communist , er , kirchnerite , and we do not go to dinner with them anymore. Although I really only know , uh , 3 Uber Kirchnerites.

Used to work for them back in the old days. Wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them. Quite the opposite.

You can't trust a single reporting (media, consulting firm, etc) outlet here in Argentina, or elsewhere really. Unfortunately, many folks do, especially the international media.

They all do propaganda, and they all change their allegiances so fast. You say you worked for this consulting firm "years ago." How far back? When Kirchner had everyone--including Clarín--in his backpocket?

Have you by chance seen C5N in the past couple of weeks? I used to really like C5N because it was fairly moderate. It wasn't so ridiculously anti-Cristina, like TN, nor too pro-Cristina, like TV Publica. I watched C5N today for the first time in a long time, and I was just astounded by how K that network has become since Cristóbal López took ownership.

With that said, I find the report interesting, especially considering that Mr. Lavagna is not exactly a K-ally--his allegiances having changed as well in the past few years.

My friend's best childhood friend for thirty-five years practically don't speak to each other anymore. He was once an anti-government liberal and turned into a brain washed Kirchnerista. He's constantly sending Kirchner promotional posts to all his friends on Facebook and thinks Cristina is best thing next to white bread. However, one day his teenage son decided he needed to buy a new electronic guitar and when asked if he was going go buy it on Talchuano street, he replied "heck no" (ni en pedo). Too expensive. He's having someone coming from Miami to bring him one. So not only is he Kirchnerista but a hypocrite as well.

Ecolatina was sold by Mr. Lavagna Sr shortly around the time he became a minister. I was stil around in those days and most employees used to just stop showing up because they weren't payed. I did the same. Hard to collect from them. Always new faces of people being suckered in, pretty much like a telemarketting company.

http://www.pagina12....2010-04-27.html

I'm quite used to this type of "consulting" firms. Sugar or salt coated speculators.

I remember also a looong time ago when Addad fronted his own Newscast TV show that they volunteered some famous (french city named after) bank experts dollar forecast with the dollar reaching $5 in the near future. It never happened.
The bank had bet a ton of money in the dollar reaching that number in the future. Own money and investors. A huge destabilizing gamble.
So they were in a tight bind and had to spread the rumor in order to make it happen. The bank was trading dollars only at that price while street price was a considerable lot lower. For the right amount of encouragement, Mr. Addad and his cronies were happy to lend a helping hand.
A friend of mine, bank employee, told me to watch Addad's program to confirm how these people were speculating. Later they had to considebly reduce their footprint in Argentina and sold all their bank office branches to Santander Rio. They no longer operate with the public. I wonder why?

Not claiming this to be the truth, just one man's POV.

I have an ultra kirchnerista friend who used to defend almost literally 'tooth and nail' the economic policies coming from the Pink House. Until she went to buy some dollars (10 points for her, she was actually buying for a workmate who's economic situation meant she would never be approved to purchase for herself) and was refused point blank with no explanations. All of a sudden, she could see that the ideal of the economic policies didn't actually fit with the reality of people trying to live with them,and she really backed off with the propaganda! Still ultra kirchnerista, but is now able to say "there are some things I don't agree with, but..."

Is she OK with the Planes Trabajar (aka Plan Descanzar - entitlement - political slavery) ?

My father-in-law loves Cristina - to the point he gets emotional when he hears her speak. :mellow:

I don't know how such an intelligent and kind hearted man can idealize her so much... but I think he truly believes she is not like all the other crooked politicians before her. That, or his allegiance has something to do with his Russian background. :p

I usually don't discuss political matters with family (especially not at the asado table) but I've found the best strategy is to just chink away at the illusion when real life situations pop up - like our recent troubles to acquire dollars to travel, the rising prices on everything, or the measures one must take due to insecurity. I just don't mention the K name.
My mother-in-law's bubble burst on its own... but he's still enamored. I don't think there's anything Cristina could do to sway him. That kind of blind devotion to a politican or ideal is dangerous.

Most people I know are anti-K, or simply unpolitical and dissatisfied. Now if my husband were a K, I don't think I could stand it. ;)

Back