Kicillof Has A Bad Day - And He Deserves It!

You know as a parent I'd typically feel that the children didn't deserve to see this but then I think how we allow old age or parenthood to let these corrupt b**tds justify and explain themselves as if the fact they have a family or increased years somehow excuses their complete lack of moral fibre and the effect that said has on the poor citizens of the country they purport to be helping. I read an article last year with Dick Cheyney and his besotted daughter waxing lyrical about how much good her father had done for his country and the people of Afghanistan and poor father beside her looking saintly in a pink sweater and much weakened by his heart op asking for our understanding. In today's world, with videos to prove it, we know he lied about WMD but somehow because he doesnt have horns and carry a trident we all have to applaud his service and congratulate him on having reached a certain age. These people are evil personifie dbecause they have a real chance to do good and forfeit that for self agrandizement - whether they have small children, smart wives or whatever and the moment we overlook their deeds for politess we excuse it. I for one would love to have the opportunity to heckle Tony Blair and throw a few eggs or two except he;s never out of his private car or helicopter...Republican, Democrat, Tory or Labour, or the one party gravy train that is Argentinean politics, let them hear the people speak in whatever manner they can find!..Ok time to breathe ...

I couldn't agree more with the above fifs2.
OK, I may not be Argentine and perhaps in some way that very fact helps to see things a little differently.
From what one sees and hears and the opinions of many Argentines, it's the utter contempt, double standards and nonchalant disdain that is shown by those currently in power.
Yeah fine, I'm sure many other countries may be governed in this way, but knowing the history of this country, I can't help feeling that somewhere down the line, this is not going to end with a whimper.

only in argentina do the dead have the right to vote: I blame them.....

my wife's father died more than 30 years ago and despite attempts to get him removed from the list , he remains on it.

at the last elections my wife voted with only ten minutes to go before the polling station closed.

yes , you have guessed it - her father had already voted............

So what if the kids saw that their father is hated? The children weren't physically attacked, were they? I don't really think we have time to worry about how this was in "poor taste" when the country is being ruined by these creatures. During the crisis over a decade ago politicians were so hated that they feared going out in public. Some actually wore wigs and disguises for fear of being attacked. In a cafe around the corner from me one particularly despised politician was recognized. Someone began tapping his spoon against his glass. Soon the other well bred patrons did the same until the din and the humiliation were so great that he had to leave. There should be more of this display of democratic bad taste. Sadly Argentines got over their hostility for corrupt politicians and voted them right back into office! And here we are -- another crisis but this one may be irreversible.

The Kicillof Hut in Colonia, nothing to write home about??

600x0_631143.jpg

So what if the kids saw that their father is hated? The children weren't physically attacked, were they? I don't really think we have time to worry about how this was in "poor taste" when the country is being ruined by these creatures. During the crisis over a decade ago politicians were so hated that they feared going out in public. Some actually wore wigs and disguises for fear of being attacked. In a cafe around the corner from me one particularly despised politician was recognized. Someone began tapping his spoon against his glass. Soon the other well bred patrons did the same until the din and the humiliation were so great that he had to leave. There should be more of this display of democratic bad taste. Sadly Argentines got over their hostility for corrupt politicians and voted them right back into office! And here we are -- another crisis but this one may be irreversible.

About 3 month ago my uncle, a retired connected wall street investment banker called me. I had not heard from him in over 10 years. He got my contact info from my mother because he had heard from the family that I was living in Argentina.. He told me point blank! Get out of Argentina now and here is why. I listened.

About 3 month ago my uncle, a retired connected wall street investment banker called me. I had not heard from him in over 10 years. He got my contact info from my mother because he had heard from the family that I was living in Argentina.. He told me point blank! Get out of Argentina now and here is why. I listened.

Did you return to the United States?

Actually, Kicilof could well have a brilliant political future ahead. He's brilliant (whether or not you like his ideas), a good orator, good looking, etc.

He's not really Marxist by the way (this argument was mostly fueled initially by the Extreme Right which is unfortunately quite strong in this country. Same guys who comment about his Jewish origins).

As for the kids: when kids are in the middle, it's a no-no for me.

This yelling crowd, dripping with hate, makes me think of the guys commenting the La Nacion articles when an odious crime is mentioned: calling for murder, torture and such. They are as sick as the criminals they're commenting about.
If they are that opposed to the actual politic, they should roll up their sleeves and join a political party, propose ideas, spend time defending them, preach by example, take some distance to get a local picture, etc. instead of crying like poor babies.
It's possible to hear them in the video: "este HDP se fue a Punta del Este... como consiguio los dolares... etc." when the truth is that he owns since a few years (when he was just an Academic) a modest house 23 km away from Colonia (lots are for sale in this barrio: costs about 30K to buy one with no house=can be paid in 30 installments). He undervalued it when he was not in charge? Wow, big deal.

Argentina is a young democracy (even compared to Chile since Chile suffered less military coups and authoritarian leaders there took very progressist measures about Education and such, decades ago).

Argentina will catch up. At least something is done now for Education here, results will be felt in a generation or two (30/40 years?). There's indeed corruption but that's nothing compared to our home countries and the local idiosyncrasy is different anyway (you get the leaders you deserve since here it's fancy for many to play with rules).

I know quite many people in villas, even spent New Year's Eve and birthdays in one. The poor class is not that stupid. In fact many don't appreciate that much CFK but they'll vote for her anyway since they have a feeling someone finally does something about the "redistribucion de la riqueza" (the good or the bad way is not the problem, something is done at least).

Unless there's one day a providential man/woman (Lula, Mujica), it will take time for mentalities to change here, then the rest will follow.

Once the population will be a bit more educated, making a bit more of money, with more people paying taxes, then more conservative leaders will be elected, not before. That's Democracy.

Back