Kicillof Has A Bad Day - And He Deserves It!

guys on the buquebus shouting like that, in group, to a single guy with his family sitting among them (not in the VIP part) -and then calling for a "tolerant Argentina"- make me sick. Incompetent policies or not. Period.

I didnt listen to the insults but I can only agree that resorting to racial or threatening language demeans the protestors as much as him. A simple hand clap and shout of shame would have had the same effect but with more dignity. Perhaps withbthe clapping alone he might think they were applauding his brilliance as frenchie would put it.

I didnt listen to the insults but I can only agree that resorting to racial or threatening language demeans the protestors as much as him. A simple hand clap and shout of shame would have had the same effect but with more dignity. Perhaps withbthe clapping alone he might think they were applauding his brilliance as frenchie would put it.

Or for each one of the guys to raise and wave in the air a peso bill in the hand, silently... Some silences are deafening

The man is certainly no fool, but aligning himself with the campora makes me wonder about his true motives and agenda. From what I have seen and read, campora could care less about decorum and common decency. For me, the group is nothing more than common thugs and hoodlums with a very selfish agenda. Unfortunately, his children pay the price for their father's affiliation and he alone is responsible.

A lot of you come across as apologists for the K-regime.

When does the mob, ever act intelligently? Even in hyper-polite Canada the mob exerted itself with a vengeance a few years back in Vancouver after a disappointing hockey game! :( That's the nature of the mob. It's the same everywhere.

Expecting the mob to act like gentleman it a little ridiculous - and sounds like just a smokescreen to distract from the failed policies of the K-regime - as would be expected of a K-Apologist.

The opposition leaders have their share of responsability too. Instead of bashing, they should focus on proposing a credible program likely to attract votes.

Why not innovate (Argentineans are very creative)?!
- Make Argentina the first country to use some kind of electronic currency (ok, hard to implement payment terminals deep in Chaco but still...) = more security (no cash on you), more equality (harder to hide incomes), etc.
- There's a crisis in Europe & the US? Do like Chile and attract young/brilliant minds who have a bit of money, a good Education, plenty of will, a few projects, etc. by offering them residency, easier access to housing, etc.

As for the guys in this crowd, many of them must have been lulled way too many times close to a wall in their childhood to attack like this a highly ranked official of the Economy minister. lol

I have to disagree, express your discontent at the ballot box. The man is not corrupt or greedy in my opinion, I believe him to be ideologically unsound, misled and plotting a course to economic ruin but booing and jeering him is boorish and not productive. His motivation is sound, his methodology inane or naive.

Argentina needs less polarisation and more people to unify around someone in the centre of the political sphere here (neither neo-cons or libertarians) to help progress the country. This pantomime behaviour only entrenches people's views and pushes them further into the fringes. Not helpful. Not mature.

Actually, Kicilof could well have a brilliant political future ahead. He's brilliant (whether or not you like his ideas), a good orator, good looking, etc.

He's not really Marxist by the way (this argument was mostly fueled initially by the Extreme Right which is unfortunately quite strong in this country. Same guys who comment about his Jewish origins).

Correct Kicillof may have a brilliant future!! Who knows? good looking? a good speaker!
What is someone, not really, Marxist? like half pregnant? Kicillof founded a movement called TNT (Tontos pero No Tanto)...!! his origins are well known.

“La gran contradicción de Kicillof es que es marxista, pero está en este Gobierno”

http://ar.noticias.yahoo.com/blogs/novedades-babel/la-gran-contradicci%C3%B3n-kicillof-es-que-es-marxista-211022897.html

El-creyente.jpg

In fairness there is a lot written about politics here and mostly always with bias. I am loathe, really loathe, to defend the man but I have seen copies of speeches in which he has clearly stated he is not anti-private enterprise. He has allowed private investment in assisting with developing non-traditional oil/gas fields I believe? That's not to say he might not have been a Marxist in his youth, but the proof is in the pudding and I think it is a hyperbolic stretch to label the man Marxist. There is a wide spectrum of politics between marxism and the economic right, often the debate becomes invalid when we start throwing labels around in an attempt to kick up a bit of stink.

He has allowed private investment in assisting with developing non-traditional oil/gas fields

Very generous of him! Would he also "allow" people to start their own business? Or even worse make a profit?

Very generous of him. Would he also "allow" people to start their own business? Or even worse make a profit?

Sorry Joe, that's lazy semantics. Would you prefer 'has been private investment under his watch' ....I dunno, anyway...again I am not defending the man, I do not agree with the man but I think it is lazy and symptomatic of certain sections of the right to start shouting marxist at people who aren't enacting marxist policies. It's the reverse of Godwin's law...we just haven't come up with a snappy meme for it yet.

There are a myriad of intelligent arguments you can make against the man's policies. Leaping on one word and/or shouting Marxist from the sidelines isn't really getting anyone anywhere. Constructive logical criticism would be the best place to start, no?

Back