Kiwi Considering Move To Ba

No no, I mean it. I totally and really mean it. I'm not kidding. We have plans together.

Can I ask you why you chose this country among many others?
If I were you, Chile may be a better option, I think

How can you compare anywhere in Chile with BsAs? Santiago is one of the most boring cities on earth. BsAs is probably the most fun city on earth to live in at the moment! I've been here 4 years and I reckon that it gets better every year as I get to know all sorts of different people all of whom are doing all sorts of stuff. Sometimes I am frightened to open my FB because the flood of invitations to different cultural events makes me feel embarrassed not to have enough time to participate. And you can't use the old excuse of not having enough money to go out because so much of it is free or very cheap. BsAs is the ideal city for people that like cities!

dont bring anything except us$ and get set to have the time of yr life, here

Thanks for the mostly warm welcome.

No no, I mean it. I totally and really mean it. I'm not kidding. We have plans together.

He really wasn't kidding.
He's the reason I even know this site exists.

Yeah, so for everyone wanting to know why I am considering moving to Buenos Aires, well, internationalguy is a big draw card. :wub:

I can't say it is the only reason though, I mean, I could probably convince him to move if I really wanted to. Might still happen. :p

I have an increasing desire to escape New Zealand (it is just too small), and I have always wanted to go to South America, and I want to drastically improve my Spanish.

At the moment I am planning on making a small visit to Argentina in the not to distant future, and then if I like it, save up a bit of money, come over on a working holiday Visa (I think that is the one I would want), do a Spanish course and then see where I go from there.

But you see, I am a compulsive planner, so I want to work out how much everything will cost and such things NOW. ^_^

Anyway, bring vegemite and gravy. Start stocking up on US$ now as NZ$ is trending down. Books much cheaper than home!

Milk over here seems fine :D
You can make gravy at home no need to bring it! :)
As for making gravy at home, I'm still hoping to see 40, so the volume of butter involved, not to mention the pan drippings, ruled it out. Gravox ftw.

I have made gravy many times during my life, taught to me by my grandmother and mother, and never have I added butter to it!

Our method is to try to remove some of the excess fat from the meat juices, add flour, water and salt.

Using bought gravy just feels wrong. Plus I don't even eat gravy that often.

But I will be bringing the Marmite.

Can I ask you why you chose this country among many others?
If I were you, Chile may be a better option, I think
That's what I thought ... I originally moved to Chile but then moved to Argentina, where I live now. Things that I prefer in Argentina: Friendlier people, better food, generally lower prices for (except electronics, luxury items etc.), that not everything is privatized (public education, healthcare, retirement system etc.) and many other things. Generally I found Chile to be pretty boring - while the scenery is indeed beautiful. Also people there are extremely conservative.

Back