Korean Food, Anyone? Sat, 6 Sep - Baexpat Lunch

GMXam

Registered
Anyone up for a little Barrio Flores adventure? Respond here and we'll coordinate the details for Saturday, 6 September. There are a few good options, but it all depends on the size of the group. All are the typical Korean barbecue style seating with a grill-centered table and several (10-12) small dishes and trays of meats to share between 4 or less people. If you prefer to have someone else cook your meal, you'll probably not enjoy these restaurants.

Reactions: Joe
https://www.youtube....h?v=huWzGqXkef8

Freddie travels to a Korean dog meat market to show us what it really looks like when dogs take on the role not of pets, but of a meal. I guess still some animal meat is considered a delicacy in different corner of the globe.
Cruel, disgusting but true..

Freddie travels to a Korean dog meat market to show us what it really looks like when dogs take on the role not of pets, but of a meal. I guess still some animal meat is considered a delicacy in different corner of the globe.
Cruel, disgusting but true..

Interesting, when in Japan, we were told to keep our dog inside for the same reason...but not because of the Koreans, but for the locals in Japan. Go figure.

Reactions: Joe
Ugh, I will be out of town, or I would totally go to this!! What a great idea!

As long as we can be guaranteed we are not eating dog, sounds fun to me! Details?

I have met a Korean friend, who told me all the restaurants were there, he said the quality of the Korean food there is much better than that of the Chinese food in BsAs. . Always wanted to check it out, but was not able to get there when I started to feel hungry in Recoleta area. I do not think there is any dog meat served :)

Do Korean BBQ Town. Descent food at good prices. Don't wear nice clothes because the smoke from the grill will get in them :(

I've gone with a group of 15 out there. Great food, nice people, never asked about dog and can't think of a way of asking that without being offensive. They do tell you what each item they bring is, if that helps. It was a good time with good food. We stayed a few hours.

Beware that a couple of restaurants on Carabobo are now employing an apartheid Korean only policy (this is usually communicated to you by the Paraguayan waiter at the door). I have found that you can get in with a token Korean and that one token Korean is usually good enough to cover four honkeys (though you might get a better rate for your token Korean if you ask around).

Back