Life in USA vs. Argentina

But but but we are supporting the local manufacturing market !!

Yeah , i`m all for supporting the local manufacturing. But unfortunately its making me broke. I think i`ve bought 4 kettles in 3 years here.Planned obsolescence is alive and well in Argentina.

One should only support that which is worth supporting. One should never be forced to support crap because people don't want to (or can't) produce quality items. Forcing people to support crappy products by huge import restrictions (or any other government stupidity - and backed up by incarceration, removal of money by fines, etc - all at the point of a gun) is sheer idiocy in my opinion.

But then, to me, the majority of problems caused in this world on either a local, national or international level are all a result of government. When will people realize that they let themselves get screwed by the very organizations that are supposed to protect them...

One should only support that which is worth supporting. One should never be forced to support crap because people don't want to (or can't) produce quality items. Forcing people to support crappy products by huge import restrictions (or any other government stupidity - and backed up by incarceration, removal of money by fines, etc - all at the point of a gun) is sheer idiocy in my opinion.

But then, to me, the majority of problems caused in this world on either a local, national or international level are all a result of government. When will people realize that they let themselves get screwed by the very organizations that are supposed to protect them...

Good governments solve problems, or at least mitigate them. Bad governments cause problems, but so do corrupt and manipulative private citizens and corporations - which do little or nothing to mitigate them.

Bad governments are a reality, the only difference is the extent. Good governments are a fantasy.

But I can agree to disagree.

garryl: Be so kind as to give us an idea of the other countries where this is possible outside of Canada,Australia and New Zealand? Is it possible in Latin America,for example?
You forgot the country where billionaires are made daily. The one which is about to over take US, and other Asian countries. I am not saying they are better than US, but there are opportunities there in Asia. US is a very mature society, many powerful people are taking the high positions forever. That's why you see Clinton and Bush running the president again and again.Who wants to see them again and again(they are like STDs, wouldn't go away, disgusting), there are no other young politicians? That's why Clinton's daughter has her own fund and her parents spent millions for her wedding, at the same time kids from poor American families got blown into pieces in Iraq. If you grow up in a poor black neighborhood, the chance you become a hedge fund executive is slim, you are more likely end up in jail.

Bad governments are a reality, the only difference is the extent. Good governments are a fantasy.

But I can agree to disagree.

Good corporations are a fantasy, but there are many well-governed countries - most notably, but not exclusively, in Scandinavia.

We have many good governments in California, such as the Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) and the East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD). Yes, those are autonomous governments, with elected officials and the power to tax. They even have their own police departments.

garryl .I assume you mean China and I definitely agree with you on that and the many opportunities in Asia.However,I repeat my other question to you Do you think that this is able to be done in L.A. and if so ,in which countries?

garryl .I assume you mean China and I definitely agree with you on that and the many opportunities in Asia.However,I repeat my other question to you Do you think that this is able to be done in L.A. and if so ,in which countries?
Yo no se. :)

Good corporations are a fantasy, but there are many well-governed countries - most notably, but not exclusively, in Scandinavia.

We have many good governments in California, such as the Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) and the East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD). Yes, those are autonomous governments, with elected officials and the power to tax. They even have their own police departments.
I thought BART is a federal project. CA governor said he was not going to inject fund to BART to make up the shortage in $. By the way, a BART employee said BART is going to get the new trains from France, he was so sure. But who knows.

I thought BART is a federal project. CA governor said he was not going to inject fund to BART to make up the shortage in $. By the way, a BART employee said BART is going to get the new trains from France, he was so sure. But who knows.

You don't seem to understand anything about BART: https://www.bart.gov/about/history

Back