Manning Sentenced To 35 Years In The Slammer Fair....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the footage of the Apache attack when it was first leaked. The cameraman running around buildings, peeking around corners holding a large camera on his shoulder certainly could be ID'd as a guy with a rocket launcher. I remember thinking at the time that it looked like a launcher to me, he looked like he was setting up for a launch, and I'm a trained combat pilot sitting in my chair after the fact without anyone shooting at me. As tragic as these two events were the airliner shoot down is an indictable offense. The Apache attack might be depending upon whether the crew followed correct procedures.

The issue was never that they confused the camera with a rocket launcher. The issue was 2 fold:

1) That once it was discovered that the "insurgents" were nothing but civilians and the Reuters camera crew, the US military tried to cover up the incident. Reuters repeatedly tried to find out what happen to their crew and the US military kept giving them wrong info, implying that they were attacked by insurgents. Only after the video was leaked did Reuters have real confirmation of what happened to its crew.

2) Attacking first responders and rescuers is clearly outside the Rules of Engagement, and it is also considered a war crime, violating articles 3 and 17 of the Geneva Convention. yet, the helicopter crew never faced any charges.

Manning himself expressed several times that he felt that his fellow military men showed complete disregard for the lives of the civilians in Iraq.

And yet, the video, showing Iraqui civilians and children being gunned down by a US 30mm chaingun desined to stop Soviet armor, generated a lot less outrage than the Trayvon Martin case. How do you explain that, besides admitting that for most of the US public, the lives of Iraqis have no value?

I would respectfully disagree with your characterization that American's don't care about or don't value lives of people of other nations or that we see them as "sand niggers." That is as accurate as saying that all Brazilians live in the Amazon and run around naked in the jungle. I specifically remember this event not only because I was an active duty pilot and we were all talking about the incident vis a vis rogue commanders but also because of the huge media coverage that this event received. It got the same coverage and reaction that the downing of KAL007 by the Soviets produced.

That this happened "without any provocation whatsoever" is not true either, nor is it true that the crew of the Vincennes was awarded medals because of this event. The crew was awarded a combat action ribbon for participating for months in an active combat zone. Specific individuals were awarded "career" medals upon their retirement. None were awarded medals because they shot down an airliner. That being said, the Captain should have been court martialled.

I saw the footage of the Apache attack when it was first leaked. The cameraman running around buildings, peeking around corners holding a large camera on his shoulder certainly could be ID'd as a guy with a rocket launcher. I remember thinking at the time that it looked like a launcher to me, he looked like he was setting up for a launch, and I'm a trained combat pilot sitting in my chair after the fact without anyone shooting at me. As tragic as these two events were the airliner shoot down is an indictable offense. The Apache attack might be depending upon whether the crew followed correct procedures.
Regarding the USS Vincennes, at the time this happened and in some non public circles it was known hat the Ayatollah had loaded that fight with bodies from the morgue. In every case the floaters were fully rigid, blue and long since dead. The pilot/s was/ were the martyrs.
Take it for what it's worth. We may never know the truth.

This guy is F..ed up mentally and always has been. Just like the wimp Snowden.

Regarding the USS Vincennes, at the time this happened and in some non public circles it was known hat the Ayatollah had loaded that fight with bodies from the morgue. In every case the floaters were fully rigid, blue and long since dead. The pilot/s was/ were the martyrs.

"non public circles" like the circles of cuckoo conspiracy theorists on the internet? Sure sounds like it. Yeah, I'm taking it for what it's worth.

This guy is F..ed up mentally and always has been. Just like the wimp Snowden.

And here I thought people might wait a couple hours before starting with the transphobia.
More proof that the average person is more concerned that Manning is a trans person (and want
to hate on Manning more because of it) than the fact our government commits violations of human
rights, federal/state/local law, international law, and then lies/tries to cover it up and vilifies/demeans
anyone who stands up to it or tries to change it.

Forget the spying, I wonder how many Americans know about events like My Lai?

One hell of an Ayatollah. He knew in advance that the USS Vincennes would illegally enter Iranian territorial waters, that it would target a routine daily flight between Tehran and Dubai, and it would fire on it, even though it had a transponder clearly broadcasting that it was a civilian aircraft.

This Ayatollah was the greatest genius in the history of men.

Every American from my generation and the one previous knows about My Lia. The generation of my kids do not because they didn't live through it.

I can guarantee you that most Americans of my generation don't know about Iran Flight 655, about the Iran-Contra scandals, the illegal mining of the Nicaraguan harbors, the Sabra and Shatila massacres, the Highway Of Death during Desert Storm, etc...They might recall the Iran-contras by name, but that is pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back