Maple Syrup Found in BA

That is a huge, one liter jug. At the current exchange rate it is U$S 43, money well spent for those of us yearning for Southern Pecan Pie....! Should be enough for about 30 pies.

That is a huge, one liter jug. At the current exchange rate it is U$S 43, money well spent for those of us yearning for Southern Pecan Pie....! Should be enough for about 30 pies.

I think you meant to say, "...yearning for a Yankee pecan pie." Native Texan here, and never heard of any of my relatives putting maple syrup in a pecan pie.

Anybody?

I think you meant to say, "...yearning for a Yankee pecan pie." Native Texan here, and never heard of any of my relatives putting maple syrup in a pecan pie.

Anybody?

Also a native Texan with pecan trees in the backyard...we use corn syrup and dark brown sugar. Using molasses sounds like a yankee pie to me ;)

You can find smaller quantities at the big chain supermarket in Chinatown (forget the name - China something). 300 pesos for 200 ml I believe

Pancake syrup is notoriously high in sugar, but also typically contains regular corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup. These ingredients pack in the sweetness and create imbalance in the body. Just 2 tablespoons of one popular brand of syrup contains 32 grams.

Try instead:
  • Fresh fruit: Fresh fruit provides a sweet flavor to accompany pancakes or French toast, while adding fiber and helpful plant nutrients. For a quick go-to breakfast topper, try sliced bananas or a handful of berries on top of your favorite breakfast foods!

Back