Maple Syrup

might want to try this I know it sounds weird but it is worth a try... www.packitgourmet.com/MapleSyrupPowder.html.... or look at other options in powdered forms.. I think amazon sells it in 1 pound bags

bring this back next time you visit in your luggage ..... i now bring back powered peanut butter ....... easy to carry no problem with leaking or breaking and lighter to carry..... cheers

Reactions: Joe
You've never tasted maple syrup, have you?
Yes I have wineguy. In fact I just had some this morning. This discussion about syrups gave me appetite for french toast with maple syrup that I brought from New England the last time. Anyway as I wrote in my post the taste of Kero is similar to pancake (corn) syrup - not maple syrup.

This obsession of Yanquis and Canucks for maple syrup is as ridiculous as the Argentine obsession with Dulce de Leche.

Both grotesquely sweet concoctions that are best served in extremely small quantities and rarely.

A fresh syrup made from local berries is not only healthier, more refreshing and frankly tastes better!

pancakes_w_berry_syrup.jpg

Frenchie, please whip up a Crepes Suzette! Next to the locally produced Limoncello, you can find occasionally find the orange flavored variation from Tucuman. Learn to use Argentine ingredients!

crepes_suzette1.jpg

Yes all about what you are raised on.. I remember those sunday mornings smelling fresh pancakes with maple syrup and bacon cooking.

It is true people here are crazy about dulce de leche ..... I have enjoy the waffles here and some dessert crepes... but sometimes you have to go old school and have some pancakes or french toast with some maple syrup.....reminds me of home, family and football sundays....

This obsession of Yanquis and Canucks for maple syrup is as ridiculous as the Argentine obsession with Dulce de Leche.

Both grotesquely sweet concoctions that are best served in extremely small quantities and rarely.

A fresh syrup made from local berries is not only healthier, more refreshing and frankly tastes better!

One less person to invite to my pancake breakfast.

Hi Guys,

I am headed to BA in the morning. I have 15lbs left in suit case. Wish I had time to take orders but dont. Headed to Target to buy the strongest Maple Syrup they have available and Peanut Butter( I guess I will get a few different kinds) . I will be living in Recolta and u can pick up late next week. PM me if you would like some.Wish I had had more time, sorry.

Kate

Yes I have wineguy. In fact I just had some this morning. This discussion about syrups gave me appetite for french toast with maple syrup that I brought from New England the last time. Anyway as I wrote in my post the taste of Kero is similar to pancake (corn) syrup - not maple syrup.

Sorry, but I can't let this go. Firstly, maple syrup IS pancake syrup - there's no other "pancake syrup" out there, except the imitation variety. Karo (note correct spelling) syrup is not "similar to corn syrup", it IS corn syrup. Not for pancakes, but is an ingredient for cooking wonderful things like pecan pie.

Seriously, let the gringos be the authority on this. I promise I'll never question you on dulce de leche or futbol. ;)

**Was informed by the little woman that Karo in ARG is Kero - why the name change, no idea (probably not licensed). But it's still corn syrup, not pancake syrup. Help me out here, Yanquis!

Sorry, but I can't let this go. Firstly, maple syrup IS pancake syrup - there's no other "pancake syrup" out there, except the imitation variety. Karo (note correct spelling) syrup is not "similar to corn syrup", it IS corn syrup. Not for pancakes, but is an ingredient for cooking wonderful things like pecan pie.
[...]
I do not know what your problem is. Somebody asked for options for pancake syrups and I answered with my personal recommendation. I am not an authority on syrup but I think I had lived long enough in the States to know what syrups taste like. Again I never said Kero (yes it is spelled that way here) tastes like maple syrup - but similar to the (corn based) pancake syrups that are sold in the US (the two main ingredients are the same). And yes those corn based pancake syrups are labeled "pancake syrup" in the US.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GMXam Expat Life 31
Gringoboy Food and Drink 1
Morin Food and Drink 8
Joe Food and Drink 3
Gringoboy Articles 12
Back