Maple Syrup

Saying Kero/Karo syrup tastes similar to pancake syrup (Log Cabin or Aunt Jemima's) is like saying Asado tastes like Bar-B-Que.

Login Cabin, Aunt Jemima and all the others have artificial and natural flavors added that obviously give it a different taste (and I never said that they taste the same!). But from what I could find here in the supermarkets Kero was the closest to those syrups in taste and ingredients (exept the added flavors of course). Before I brought back real maple syrup I used Kero and personally liked it more than using honey on french toast and pancakes.

Ironically, it's the syrup threads, not the prostitution threads, where the true fanatical beliefs of the BAExpats come out.

To compare Aunt Jemima (artificially flavored HFCS) or Kero with the One True Syrup is blasephemy worthy of a Fatwa.

Or you can use Kero (Maizena Kero) which has similar taste and ingredients as the pancake (corn) syrups in the US.

Erm...
Maybe my English is too limited here - but I was under the impression that the word similar means that things have something in common but are not identical (in this case: taste) but I might be wrong here - which might explain the confusion.

Am I the only one who doesnt like maple syrup? I find it too bitter. I prefer Aunt Jemima and lots of butter on my pancakes. Or if in Ihop, I like their butter pecan syrup.

Am I the only one who doesnt like maple syrup? I find it too bitter. I prefer Aunt Jemima and lots of butter on my pancakes. Or if in Ihop, I like their butter pecan syrup.

the silent majority ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GMXam Expat Life 31
Gringoboy Food and Drink 1
Morin Food and Drink 8
Joe Food and Drink 3
Gringoboy Articles 12
Back