Mauricio Macri ... Next President Of Argentina

Ethics law:
http://www.mecon.gov...es/ley25188.htm

So, Putin has an outstanding CV for ocupy the head of CIA, he can quit russian citizenship, but it is obvious that he is going to be an infiltrated who is going to destroy the CIA. The same happends with Aranguren. If he is going to be the head of YPF, he is going to be an employed of Shell boycotting YPF.

WRONG...... jajajajaj Gallucio was a good CFK choice coming From Haliburton to Head YPF.

I hear you only militantes can have government positions....! Going from Private to Public Sector is like changing nationality...? According to LA Campora?

Flip-flopping because you have new information is one thing. Macri, however, has flip flopped for political expedience. It's very obvious. And not just a little bit. He's gone full-blown peronista.

It's incorrect to think that Scioli = Cristina. Scioli has been the target of K hate for numerous years. Cristina threw her support behind Scioli because she had no other choice. If he wins on Sunday, it will be interesting to see how much he flip flops...

flip flop anyone :cool: :cool:

Miguel Bein Scioli's Top Economic Advisor, is listed as buying Dollar Futures for March at $10,80 hedging that a devaluation will take place and he will make a short term capital gain. would he buy if he believed it will be stable at 10,80 in March or lower... loosing all commissions etc. :wub: God Save us All
t

Flip-flopping because you have new information is one thing. Macri, however, has flip flopped for political expedience. It's very obvious. And not just a little bit. He's gone full-blown peronista.

Well we'll disagree regarding 'full-blown'. There are definitely changes which were politically expedient for him to make, but there are a bunch of scenarios which I would consider forgivable. For example - he has come to accept positions which are against his personal opinion, but which he has come to accept as a fact of life politically and which promises he plans to abide by.

BRIEF INTERPOLATION REGARDING POLITICIANS AND HONESTY

As we've agreed, politicians are generally not paragons of honesty.

And As ElQueso mentioned, there's an inherent moral dilemma when an honest politician is pretty much doomed by definition, and but one wants a better politician than a corrupt and dishonest but politically savvy liar to be elected.

So we're all essentially hoping for a politician who finds some nebulous middle ground between as little fibbing as politically necessary, and but being as true as possible within those limits. Not an easy dilemma. END INTERPOLATION.

In any case, Macri sets off my spidey sense an order of magnitude less than does Scioli. For now.

It's incorrect to think that Scioli = Cristina. Scioli has been the target of K hate for numerous years. Cristina threw her support behind Scioli because she had no other choice. If he wins on Sunday, it will be interesting to see how much he flip flops...

I can agree with you that, as appears to be evidenced by the WikiLeaks cables you linked, Scioli is or at least was a much more decent fellow than he now appears in light of this campaign. However, having being dealt a crummy hand in terms of being shackled to the K's, he made the choices he did in this campaign. His campaign, at least since the first round of voting, has been characterized by exactly the sort of bullshit which has so endeared the K administration to so many of us.

Would he be different than CFK? Perhaps, though there's little doubt that steps have been taken to keep him beholden to K interests if not outright under their thumb. However, what I've seen of him until now does not make me feel uncomfortable about denying him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't get this scare tactic, especially not in this forum. You can talk on the street that macri will put competitors to run the biggest companies, but here? There is no logic behind, it would be the most stupid act from macri... Not to mention it's impossible.

Truth is, I thought my country has bad politicians, but the level here is the lowest I ever saw.

Still I'm afraid today will win scioli. At least 5% of people will shifted themselves in the last moment, scared what may happen. Is all nice to live history, but they won't dare risking their lifestyle.

Lest we forget the last 12 years...

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1847533-scioli-la-gran-reivindicacion

Glorious. Unbeatable.

Here's a rambling stream of consciousness thingy that seemed to provide the template for Roberts to parody:

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/203482/the-complacent

Glorious. Unbeatable.

Here's a rambling stream of consciousness thingy that seemed to provide the template for Roberts to parody:

http://www.buenosair.../the-complacent

Mempo Giardinelli's hypocritical screed is so typical of the usual K "anti-bourgeoisie" diatribes. As if he isn't smug and full of self-importance and doesn't dance to the tune of his boss. What a loser.

Glorious. Unbeatable.
http://www.buenosair.../the-complacent

Serious question - mainly based on the differences between the two pieces:

Do the k's (and/or peronists in general) usually display such a lack of wit? If this guy's work is representative, do they have no sense of irony?

It's amazing that this can be seriously said in public: " And above all we never lie nor deny reality and we always take the people into account. And people not in the sense of posh folk but a society with history and national and popular values..."

Following some of bajo's links I just learned of minutouno's existence. Wow! That Maximo Kirchner! What a swell fellow!

I'd appreciate some enlightenment - are they always so lacking in humor or any lightness like this?

Back