Mauricio Macri ... Next President Of Argentina

Flip-flopping because you have new information is one thing. Macri, however, has flip flopped for political expedience. It's very obvious. And not just a little bit. He's gone full-blown peronista.

With all that, does one still have grounds for hope that electing him will be a massive improvement over Scioli and more K government? Yes.

It's incorrect to think that Scioli = Cristina. Scioli has been the target of K hate for numerous years. Cristina threw her support behind Scioli because she had no other choice. If he wins on Sunday, it will be interesting to see how much he flip flops...

You are naive. They are biased. The ceos of the competition companies are going to destroy YPF and aerolineas while Monsanto is going to destroy INTA, the public scientific institut that develops new genetic improvements of soy FOR FREE, without royalties.
http://www.bibliotec...bros/210899.pdf

On the other hand, the law forbidds this people to be public officers because there are conflic of interest.

What about to propose Putin for the head of CIA, he is very qualified, he already was the head of KGB.

Nice team.

You forgot that this already happend in our history. Videla did the same, the economy got destroyed.

Xcuse my naivete ....! Conflict of interests to go to the Government Sector ??, They are not stockholders in the private sector like LAN or Monsanto ??? Please Explain,?? Must be a special Law if you say so. Maybe you are correct...!

Your mention of Putin is irrelevant HE is Russian ....! Aranguren is ARGENTINO

Here is just one, of many, examples of what kind of people have been running Argentina - corrupt thugs. Moreno being one of the worst, with his sidekick, Kicilof. I note that while ranting about the director salaries in his successful attempt to disrupt this lawful meeting, he doesn't mention how much he made in 2013 - almost 2.5 million pesos (as reported - I'm guessing what he really took in was much, much more). Its nice to see the prosecution for this activity will likely move forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozLazD7zOJo

You are naive. They are biased. The ceos of the competition companies are going to destroy YPF and aerolineas while Monsanto is going to destroy INTA, the public scientific institut that develops new genetic improvements of soy FOR FREE, without royalties.
http://www.bibliotec...bros/210899.pdf

On the other hand, the law forbidds this people to be public officers because there are conflic of interest.

What about to propose Putin for the head of CIA, he is very qualified, he already was the head of KGB.

Nice team.

You forgot that this already happend in our history. Videla did the same, the economy got destroyed.

According to your logic (in your recent comments in this thread), the USA should be the worst, poorest, most devastated country in the world. While I don't defend the corporate influence in the US (in fact, I despise it), the best way to drive a country into the ground (as we have been seeing here for so many years now) is to put politicians in positions which should be occupied by people with specialized knowledge and skills.

I think it's really sad that you and Matias think the way you do (if you indeed really think that way -- I'm sure Matias does, but he's truly a lost cause). And it is very hard for me to understand, since personally, you're both very clearly capitalists. Matias with his fancy apartment for rent (for US$, of course), and you, with your proud boasting of your large payments to the AFIP (which demonstrate to us how much money you're making).

To me, it's all very twisted, and I imagine it comes from living your entire life in Argentina.

Looking a the US lately, with Donald Trump leading the Republican polls, I guess it's easier for me to see how easily many people's minds can get utterly lost, confused and twisted by growing up in a certain place with a certain set of circumstances. Looking at that place from a distance of 11 years, it's hard for me to recognize it.

For me, the US is a strange, sad place right now, but as a model of how to do things correctly economically, there's never been a better example in the history of the world.

Don't most politicians flip flop like a pancake when it suits them?
Macri has gone full blown Peronista?
What are you on Bradly mate?

haha. :)

All politicians flip-flop, but Macri is the worst. Worse than Hillary Clinton.

Macri is now "peronista". From all of the peronista-esque policies that he didn't support before that he supports now, to taking pictures with Perón statues...

0013513268.jpg

Xcuse my naivete ....! Conflict of interests to go to the Government Sector ??, They are not stockholders in the private sector like LAN or Monsanto ??? Please Explain,?? Must be a special Law if you say so. Maybe you are correct...!

Your mention of Putin is irrelevant HE is Russian ....! Aranguren is ARGENTINO

Ethics law:
http://www.mecon.gov.ar/digesto/leyes/ley25188.htm

So, Putin has an outstanding CV for ocupy the head of CIA, he can quit russian citizenship, but it is obvious that he is going to be an infiltrated who is going to destroy the CIA. The same happends with Aranguren. If he is going to be the head of YPF, he is going to be an employed of Shell boycotting YPF.

Flip-flopping because you have new information is one thing. Macri, however, has flip flopped for political expedience. It's very obvious. And not just a little bit. He's gone full-blown peronista

It's incorrect to think that Scioli = Cristina. Scioli has been the target of K hate for numerous years. Cristina threw her support behind Scioli because she had no other choice. If he wins on Sunday, it will be interesting to see how much he flip flops...

Macri could eat babies sprinkled with kittens for breakfast and hed still be better than cfk.

So if cfk hates scioli why didnt she groom a 'medvedev' over the last 4 years? The rere was never a sure thing.

The only thing i can think of is that she and her team are out of steam and ideas. She knows a sh#tstorm is coming and she doesnt know how to divert it. Therefor better to reluctantly back scioli thus when it goes bad under his watch she can say 'well he never really was one of us anyway' .If he does somehow manage to divert the storm she can equally ride off the back of his success to relaunch her presidential bid.

And of course if macri wins and fails she can return as the daughter of jesus and evita.

I like a couple of the comments a whole lot better than the article:

de Argentain pepol is de better pepol on de world.

I wonder if this commentor could even read/comprehend the article, his English is so bad.

El demonio de la Argentina se llama Mauricio Macri.......

Gee, a lot of quality contribution there, pretty much what comes out of La Campora.

Nobody can take this seriously, the author was friends with Chavez... need I say more? and defends things like this. I don´t like Macri either, but those numbers are not real, Argentina hasn´t grow in the past four years, it has been a mayor grow between 2003 and 2006 because of the devaluation, local business could start selling again, but from 2007 until these days, we are having a terrible inflation close to 900%(from 2007 to 2015). How can you tell this sort of things? I like independent periodism better. This is just silly propaganda

Ah someone who has some sense and can think!

In reply to the above quote:

Just try doing this. Compare how many cans of milk you can buy in 2007, and how many cans of milk you can buy today (2015), this with a lot of basic products. Then tell me, is inflation good? NO. But worst is lose of jobs, or lose of competivity.

Matias, did you write a comment on HP? This poor guy doesn't even realize that 1) he's supporting the quote he was responding to and that 2) inflation IS one of the ways to lose jobs and competitiveness and the lessening of what one can buy with the money one has.

There are some decent articles from time-to-time on HP, but most of the articles I read related to such topics are right down this road - quite biased. The author either had no idea what he was talking about related to Argentina or purposefully omitted quite a bit of relevant facts in order to fit his premise - like all the "wonderful" events spelled out in the link I presented previously.

Sounds familiar...

The article I linked to didn't even discuss Macri, but rather what has happened in the last 12 years with the K and what is likely to continue with Scioli (unless he could break from Cristina, maybe). Instead of debating the wrongness of the article I linked to, we get linked to a Chavez/Venezuela supporter (at least looking at some of the things he's concentrated on writing about) who is touting the wonderful job Cristina has done and echoes the fear-mongering of Kirchnerists related to Macri. Tal para cual.

Yeah, it's golden entertainment.

Back