Mcdonalds Has Pancakes!

I just made a bunch for my family. Sunday mornings = pancakes + old-time gospel music ... and boring my kids with stories of growing up on the farm and 2000-calorie breakfasts. LOL.

Since we don't have buttermilk we do the "vinegar in milk" trick. Not perfect, but good enough. We do have plenty of maple syrup thanks to some good BAExpat friends. B)

Making pancakes at home is the best. I have made versions including whole wheat, blueberry, chocolate, and Rocklets for my friends. When I made them for my Arg boyfriend along with pancetta fried in cow fat, I think he was ready to propose marriage. :)

Making pancakes at home is the best. I have made versions including whole wheat, blueberry, chocolate, and Rocklets for my friends. When I made them for my Arg boyfriend along with pancetta fried in cow fat, I think he was ready to propose marriage. :)

... and then you need to use most of that fat to make gravy which you put over your biscuits and scramble your eggs in the rest of the fat. Can't let any of that fat go to waste! Weeeeeeeeedawgie!

I would hardly start doing back flips over McDonald's pancakes. If you want amazing waffles you have Oui Oui. They're the best breakfast makers I've seen in B.A.

I love Oui Oui! There is also a really good place for brunch in Villa Crespo called Cafe Crespin. They are a little bit pricier than Oui Oui but it is definitely the best brunch food I have had in BA and I guarantee you will not leave hungry.

***also just found out they recently opened a new one in Vicente Lopez!***

Mmmm, got a pint of "true" maple in the fridge! Dulce de leche just doesn't quite cut it with pancakes...

This should be a sticky!
PS: Sorry all cookers but us single boys who only lunch/dine spaghetti will never have as many ingredients in our kitchen to cook our own hotcakes (pancakes Argentinian style are easier though)

I was serving home-made pancakes at a brunch last weekend when a Latam friend crumples her face and loudly exclaims, "Ugh, this isn't maple syrup!".
I was tired and a little stressed at the time, so I snapped in my best Jesse Pinkman voice,

"You think pancakes and maple syrup are exclusive, Bitch?" (Minus the "Bitch" ;)).

In my flummoxed state I continued to say that this Tate and Lyle's Golden English Syrup, by appointment to the Queen (, Bitch), was the epitome of pancake dressing and who was she to discredit that in place of any other perceived contender.

Now this was an emotional response from myself and each time I do something like this I like to analyse it afterwards. Did I feel chagrin to maple syrup? No.
I don't mind that maple syrup is more popular than golden syrup. That's not what made my blood rise. It was the fact that someone had turned their nose up at the food I was serving them because in their opinion one topping trumped all others. Or maybe she just thought that I had duped her into eating something that looked and smelled like maple syrup, bu' t'was not.

So remember folks, always let your guests put their own syrup on their pancakes.
And that to some people Dulce de Leche trumps all.

This should be a sticky!
PS: Sorry all cookers but us single boys who only lunch/dine spaghetti will never have as many ingredients in our kitchen to cook our own hotcakes (pancakes Argentinian style are easier though)

Was that an intentional pun? :lol:

I was serving home-made pancakes at a brunch last weekend when a Latam friend crumples her face and loudly exclaims, "Ugh, this isn't maple syrup!".
I was tired and a little stressed at the time, so I snapped in my best Jesse Pinkman voice,

"You think pancakes and maple syrup are exclusive, Bitch?" (Minus the "Bitch" ;)).

In my best Heisenberg voice:

"You really don't get it, do you? You think you can come in here... into my kitchen ... and disrespect me like that? Fucking dulce de letche? We don't cook dulce de letche! Any half-assed cook can give you dulce de letche. In this lab we cook maple syrup! That's it! 99.8% pure maple syrup! Don't ever make that mistake again! Did I make myself clear?"

Back