Mercado Progresso

www.mercadodelprogreso.com.ar/#

It's an un unbelievable market. The top in Buenos Aires. I live around the corner and buy everything there. It's like Fairways or Zabars in NYC, but it takes up almost an entire manzana with entrances from three different streets. They have the best quality of everything: fruit/vegetables already prepared for salads, imported fish, local meat, vegetable stuffed chicken and rabbit, bakeries with tartas of the the most unusual varieties of ingredients you' e ever seen,imported spices, Greek pastry shop, pet food, hardware stores inside and even a Pago Facil. Now bus loads of tourists come to take photos of the inside.

I can't believe after all these years I've never heard of this market.

I can't believe after all these years I've never heard of this market.
It predates Mercado San Telmo by about a decade. It has a lower roof, is darker, nearly all food, more bricks & marble... it's pretty cool. They get a little weird about taking photos in the place.

Many expats that move here never leave Recoleta or Palermo and have no idea of the great things Buenos Aires offers outside of the tourist areas.

And not only expats, I know a couple of locals that wouldnt be found dead outside Recoleta, Palermo etc.

And not only expats, I know a couple of locals that wouldnt be found dead outside Recoleta, Palermo etc.

Hahahaha. That's very true. People think everything outside Recoleta and Palermo....and Belgrano R is third world.

Hahahaha. That's very true. People think everything outside Recoleta and Palermo....and Belgrano R is third world.

Palermo? Are you crazy, that place is incredibly dangerous. Anything outside of nordelta is third world...

As time goes by and the situation gets worse here Nordelta is becoming the only first world area left in BsAs. Although, there have even been organized house robberies there too.

It predates Mercado San Telmo by about a decade. It has a lower roof, is darker, nearly all food, more bricks & marble... it's pretty cool. They get a little weird about taking photos in the place.

I took a bunch of photos and nobody said a thing.

And where is Nordelta?

Back