Mercadolibre Basics

With some of the major sellers, it's not difficult to Google their account name and some even put a conveniently placed company sticker or cel no in a photo, that way. the bots can´t pick it up.

I have had very bad experiences of buying via mercado libre.

I totally avoid it now

hi,

I am having a dispute on a item on mercado libre.

Its delayed by 10 days from agreed date and I have filed a reclaim. Apparently the sellers went for a vacation!

I have also given them a very negative review.

Now they are asking me to remove my review!

I have said , submit my item and give me a 15% discount.

--

Anyone has had experience with such a scenario? How helpful is mercado libre in such cases? How desperate will this seller be to get this review removed.

What are possibilities of getting my original payment back?

You cannot ask for discount, then you loose.

I had issues a couple of time with frauds. I both an I phone 7 plus and he insisted about a discount if I pay through another channel. No thanks. So, when i offered and I paid using Mercado Pago, he drove crazy and insisted I have to wait 20 days before to start a case. i did it immediately. He was kicked out and i got the money back.

You bought an iPhone 7 and the seller offered discount if you paid cash (presumably)? Surely that´s standard practice in Argentina isn't it? I would have gone for that quick as lightning, but that's your choice of course.

I've been buying and selling on ML for more than ten years and have a 100%, negative-free score, but there are some real idiots who use the service. More than once I've had to negotiate my way out of a negative score with some twat, because my reputation is important. Some will give you a negative just because they can, but the most important factor here is communication. When they buy something from me, I make as easy as possible for them to both pay and get their hands on the goods, but only in my shop.
If at all possible I always steer them away from our home.

I've been buying from MercadoLibre for over three years now, and couldn't be more pleased with the selection and the service. I've bought many things through ML, from a refrigerator, to Italian coffee, a lawn swing, antique furniture, and even my new, second-hand puppy....!

ML not only has the best prices, but also a 30-day return policy. If the product is not exactly what was ordered, or there are problems with it, or it was ordered by mistake, ML issues a refund. Had to do it twice, and the refund showed in my account in under a week.

Even with the quarantine in place, there's next day delivery for many items. But if a shipment is delayed, ML notifies the buyer of the new delivery date.

ML, and the Automovil Club Argentino, show how efficient Argentine companies can be.
Too bad there are not more like them.

I have had very bad experiences of buying via mercado libre.

I totally avoid it now

I have to change this statement. Around 2020 ( in January), I have started using ML regularly to buy things. I am amazed at quality of service and quality of products. Absolutely no scams and products arrive mostly within 24 hours. Some of them charge zero delivery fees.

I have brought approximately 10 different items of different kinds since Jan and during the quarantine. All were exactly as they were described.

Highly recommend ML. I believe this is the way to buy things from now on - at least in Capital.

I would also encourage people to buy using Mercado Libre for consumer protection if nothing else.
Whenever I have had a problem with goods or delivery, getting a resolution or refund was never an issue and you are not left chasing suppliers to get them to come and fix it or give you your money back.

ML does charge steep commissions so usually sellers will offer you a discount if you pay in cash or outside of ML. However, then you are on your own if something goes wrong... in those cases, I would suggest always pay on delivery.

Also the more you buy the more your ML status level increases, and once you reach the top you get a lot of discounts, free shipping, and other small benefits that do make a difference.

Back