Misuse, Mispelling Of English

"Daddies Favorite Brown Sauce" has always made me wonder what is going on in the UK. Supposedly the people there are native English speakers.

I met a couple of girls in Cordoba who said they were going "footing" the next day.

I gave my friend a sideways look at the time, but they then explained that it was just running.

We asked why they dont just say running, or better yet, corriendo.

Maybe they were just pulling our feet ... or legs :(

This is one of my current favourites, right near Villa Urquiza station. Because it's all in the diteils:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:2633]

(Somehow I still don't know how to get images to show up within my post rather than attached... not sure if I've done this correctly

Attachments

• 483559_10101135806456687_239805298_n.jpg
    483559_10101135806456687_239805298_n.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 85
"Daddies Favorite Brown Sauce" has always made me wonder what is going on in the UK. Supposedly the people there are native English speakers.

daddy is a moron,
HP_Sauce.jpg

is the best brown sauce.

I love it when they call you winner except sounds a little, nono a lot like weener( que decissss weenerrrr)

A furniture store somewhere on Cabildo, "BLOW! Muebles infantiles" (www.mueblesblow.com.ar) really cracked me up.

My favorite has to be when my Argentine friends asked me if "touch and go" meant the same thing to us (in the states) as it does to them. Maybe this is widely known here, but I didn't realize they use it to mean casual sex instead of very precarious or uncertain.

Fer, so glad to see BA podcast stars hanging around these forums! I love the show.

Was in Tucuman in 2007. There was a story there that was NOT a pet store. It's name?

"PUSSY"

The wife has some cream called "Manos al Vista" - translated on the bottle as "Hand's Up" (their apostrophe), which of course would be "Manos Arriba". Apparently the makers of this cream aren't very good with English OR Spanish.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gringoboy Expat Life 59
Back