Money transfer issue anyone?

All my transfers are from my U.S. bank to my Argentine bank, BBVA or Galicia. I haven't done a cash pickup in years.

I successfully completed a Xoom transfer yesterday (it took about 24 hours). Remitly still won't make a transfer but they are investigating the issue. Money Gram just cancels without explanation.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to get Western Union to work (bank to bank), though I've tried for years. Literally.

I don't believe the issue is with the Argentine banks. BBVA said there are no incoming transfer limits, either with amount or over time. None.

I’ve also never got WU to work for my Argentine back account.

Looks like I’ll be headed down to collect cash at some point.

With MoneyGram I've had cancelled transactions to my wife's Galicia, and Santander accounts this week. Yesterday morning I used WesternUnion to send from my US Debit card to her Galicia account, and WU said it was completed yesterday afternoon. We just checked the Galicia account this morning, and I've confirmed she received the money.

Ronnie, if you don't mind my asking... what Argentine bank did you use for WU transfers that failed? Both steveinbsas and I use Schwab but have different destination banks. He can use WU while I cannot. Perhaps the default WU aggregator does not work with BBVA.

Just wondering.

P.S. but as I can't even complete the transfer request, I don't see how that would be.

Myself and someone in the UK have tried several times within the past two days to transfer to my Galicia account via Moneygram, but all transfers have been cancelled...

No one has mentioned having a problem with Western Union in either case.

I made a bank to bank (Schwab to Santander Rio) transfer on Monday afternoon and it was deposited on Tuesday without any problem.

I made another transfer last night and in less than a minute I received a confirmation that the funds were on the way and, as far as WU is concerned, the transfer is already completed.

Santander Rio has never cancelled any of my transfers and never asked about them. I never transfer more than the "piso de ganancias" in a calendar month.

PS: The piso de ganancias was recently raised to just above $700.000 pesos per month.

I made my first WU transfer to a new Santander account yesterday and have been anxiously refreshing the online banking system waiting to see it go in. No luck yet -- is this 24 hour timeline for WU transfers typical?

I made my first WU transfer to a new Santander account yesterday and have been anxiously refreshing the online banking system waiting to see it go in. No luck yet -- is this 24 hour timeline for WU transfers typical?
W.u will send an email indicating the deposit is on its way...but sometime that email arrives after the deposit is credited!!

Back