Money transfer issue anyone?

I made my first WU transfer to a new Santander account yesterday and have been anxiously refreshing the online banking system waiting to see it go in. No luck yet -- is this 24 hour timeline for WU transfers typical?
When í make a WU transfer in the morning on a business day, the funds arr almost always creďited by 6 pm the same day.

If I make a transfer in the afternoon, thé funds are credited.beforé 6 pm tñe next.business ďay.

PS:The tramsfer I made yesterday afternoon.had already been credired to my Santander account when Í checked just before making this post.

Last edited:
W.U. will send an email indicating the deposit is on its way...but sometime that email arrives after the deposit is credited!!
I always receive the confirmation email in less than one minute, just aftet the funds are withdrawn.from my checking account and have already been "sent" to Santanďer Rio.

Last edited:
I'm the original poster and I am still unable to make a transfer with Remitly (I've given up on Money Gram for now).

HOWEVER...

I've never been able to make a Western Union transfer from my U.S. bank to an Argentine bank, though I've tried everything I could think of for at least 2-1/2 years. A small test cash pick-up went through once, if I remember correctly, though I never bothered to get it.

Today I FINALLY was able to complete a bank-to-bank transfer request! No deposit yet --- it says Monday ---but I've never gotten this far before. If anyone else has experienced the same problem, this is what I did differently.

I'd tried deleting my sender info and resubmitting all banking info. I tried deleting my receiver info and resubmitting all banking info. Both many many times. (I always got a banking info error on the review page, by the way). Neither worked. I worked for months with WU customer service to delete my entire account and start fresh. Didn't help.

Though I'm normally sending from myself to myself, I tried making a new receiver. WITHOUT a middle name. Though it says it's optional, I always included it for both sender and receiver.

Other than that, I didn't do anything different that I haven't done 100s of times before. Or maybe they just felt sorry for me after all this time...

Since WU abolished the code for free transfer, I send USD 1,500 to my bank account (Supervielle) in Argentina once per month. It takes five working days to receive money - I start transfer on Monday morning and receive it on Friday evening. Before, when I sent smaller amounts, the money was on my account the same day.

I made my first WU transfer to a new Santander account yesterday and have been anxiously refreshing the online banking system waiting to see it go in. No luck yet -- is this 24 hour timeline for WU transfers typical?
Hmm, interesting.

Has anyone had any luck these past days doing a bank to bank transfer using Western Union, Moneygram, etc. ?

Just successfully completed a $500USD transfer from the US to BBVA using Remitly at 4:30pm today. Funds arrived in my BBVA account in 13 minutes. As long as you are under the 2 million peso cap, it seems Remitly is still functioning.

My Western Union transfer from this past Thursday is still showing on WU as delivered, but Santander hasn't put it into my account. In contrast, did a Remitly transfer for AR$ 590k yesterday evening and it took about half an hour to successfully show up in my Santander account. 🤷‍♀️

WTF, WU.

All the following pertain to bank-to-bank transfers to a Galicia account:

- Western Union transfer from Thursday is still pending (I expect it will be cancelled soon since I never received the confirmation email)
- MoneyGram transfer attempted on Friday was canceled almost instantly.
- Remitly transfer made this afternoon was successful!

These are bank-to-bank transfers to BBVA:

I successfully completed a WU transfer on Monday. On their website, it showed as completed at least a few hours before deposit into the bank.

Remitly still will not allow me to make a transfer. I've transferred $800.000-$1.500.000 pesos monthly all year, never had a problem until last week. I don't understand a 2 million peso limit, which I surpassed many months ago.

Money Gram, haven't tried again.

Back