Money transfer issue anyone?

Thanks for that info ethanwatkins123. Is it implied that recent failed transactions ARE entering (or attempting to enter) your account as foreign commerce transactions? Remitee would be a financial aggregator, a go-between between Remitly and our banks, a normal process.

I'll pass along this information to Remitly. Though we have a problem making transfers, at least Remitly is willing and able to discuss how to solve the issue.
No, sorry for the confusion. Recent failed transactions ARE NOT entering (or attempting to enter) as foreign commerce transactions.

this stinks :( im having the same issue with moneygram today. I tried a western union transaction as well but I guess I wont know if it went through until Monday or Tuesday :/ Was gonna try remitly but seems like that isnt working anymore either.

So I guess my question is, has anyone else been able to send themselves money from bank account to bank account this week successfully using any service?

Thanks, thats good to hear. Hopefully my WU will go through on Monday or Tuesday. And if so I guess Ill just have to start planning ahead a bit more since I cant get my same-day Moneygrams anymore ;( WU is giving a better rate lately even when factoring in the fee but I still preferred moneygram just because its a lot more predictable in terms of when the money hits . Was nice while it lasted!

Our long-delayed WU bank-to-bank transfer eventually got refunded a couple of weeks later. Not sure what happened there, but Santander said it never made it to the bank. 🤷‍♀️ Funny how these things can be so hit-or-miss!

Remitly called me again today to explain the problem we're having with them.

Apparently they changed aggregators (banking partners) in Argentina last July, to a company called Remitee, and it seems to be exclusive. Remitee has an ANNUAL transfer limit to Argentina of $2.000.000 pesos, which I surpassed in August and why I've not been able to use Remitly since.

Now $2.000.00 pesos is only $2,860 U.S +/-. at today's rate, essentially makes using Remitly worthless as a source of monthly living expenses. This I made clear to the person who called, who was sympathetic but was unable to offer any further solution.

Then an hour-long online chat ended a bit more optimistically, though I'm doubtful a solution will be forthcoming. My previous 9-minute transfers were done through a company called MMT, not Remitlee. Previously, the aggregator could by changed with a chat but not today. So Remitee might now be the only game in Remitlytown.

It's great to actually be able to talk to a knowledgeable person if & when problems arise. But if they can't find a solution, it's time to take our business elsewhere.

<sigh>

Who knows what's up with MoneyGram? The problem may be similar but they have no customer service so I don't even bother with them anymore.

This is a little off topic but can I ask you guys the best way to make a very small transfer to an Argentine bank account holder ? I have found several service providers like acupuncturists, and yoga teachers request a small deposit of a few thousand pesos to reserve the appointment. I do not have a DNI or bank account here and a foreign wire would cost me 50usd. When I offer to pay the deposit in cash often they stop replying as it is so much back and forth for such a small amount of money. As an American is there a third party platform I can use if they are unwilling to accept any other form of payment ? thanks.

This is a little off topic but can I ask you guys the best way to make a very small transfer to an Argentine bank account holder ?

You can make a cash deposit into a third-party account at certain ATMs. Look for an ATM that doesn't ask to insert a card to initiate the process. I've had success with Banco Macro ATMs, but it may depend on a location.

That sounds great but is there a way to enter your name at the ATM so the recipient knows who sent the deposit ? I will also look into Rapipago and WU, thanks

That sounds great but is there a way to enter your name at the ATM so the recipient knows who sent the deposit ? I will also look into Rapipago and WU, thanks
Some service providers give you a code to pay in cash at Pago Facil..? You can then send a pic of your payment slip.

Back