Money transfer issue anyone?

That sounds great but is there a way to enter your name at the ATM so the recipient knows who sent the deposit ? I will also look into Rapipago and WU, thanks
Take a photo of the ATM receipt and send it. I think most banks offer the option of depositing cash to a customer account without a card, in Itau there's always one ATM with a blocked card slot that allows this. It asks for a DNI number even if you pick the "do not identify myself" option, but make something up...

To make cash deposits you may need more than the CBU, some ask for the account and branch number instead. The rule of thumb is, you'll find out when you're in front of the ATM.

in Itau there's always one ATM with a blocked card slot that allows this. It asks for a DNI number even if you pick the "do not identify myself" option, but make something up...
I wasn't aware that this is done intentionally.
I've always complained to them about their ATM not accepting my card. They told me to manually enter my CBU when using that ATM, and I didn't know why :)

I wasn't aware that this is done intentionally.
I've always complained to them about their ATM not accepting my card. They told me to manually enter my CBU when using that ATM, and I didn't know why :)
I'm not sure that it's done intentionally, and I'm especially not sure that Itau know what they're doing, but in every Itau branch I've been there's always an ATM reserved for clients only, and it always has the card slot blocked. The underlying logic isn't entirely clear to me, why would you reserve an ATM for your clients and then block the card slot, but I'm only a miserable foreigner, what do I know?

BTW, I enter my account number, which is a bit shorter than a CBU. I also always press the option "don't identify myself" at the beginning, and it always asks for my DNI at the next step. The other thing is, if you're depositing money, Itau's ATMs are very primitive, allowing deposits of only 40 notes in impeccable condition (I check every one individually, discarding the dog-eared ones, old, faded or crumpled ones, ones that have been written on (why the f... do Argentinians love to write on their banknotes?)) and still each ATM grabs at the bundle in a different way, so unless you familiarize yourself with one particular ATM and its peculiarities, you'll end up grabbing banknotes as they're spat out, losing count, and noticing that the ATM loses count as well (but never in your favour).

... I'm especially not sure that Itau know what they're doing, but in every Itau branch I've been there's always an ATM reserved for clients only, and it always has the card slot blocked. The underlying logic isn't entirely clear to me, why would you reserve an ATM for your clients and then block the card slot, but I'm only a miserable foreigner, what do I know?
My guess is that it's to allow outside people to make cash deposits to their clients accounts only.

Itau's ATMs are very primitive, allowing deposits of only 40 notes in impeccable condition
I believe this 40-note limit is pretty much universal. They don't permit withdrawals of more than 40 notes at a time either.
There is a new shiny 1,000-peso note with San Martin in circulation, but ATMs do not accept them.

Seems like time to start a new thread or contribute to the original chicos.

Using Worldremit lately?
They have the best U$S-Ars rate right now but I've never used them before, any thoughts?

World Remit's current rate is 749.615. I got 830 at WU a few minutes ago (discounting for the fee, I still got 805).

I've used World Remit once and don't plan to again unless other options fail me. The transfer took many days, and I recall few options to track or contact customer service. YMMV...

World Remit's current rate is 749.615. I got 830 at WU a few minutes ago (discounting for the fee, I still got 805).

I've used World Remit once and don't plan to again unless other options fail me. The transfer took many days, and I recall few options to track or contact customer service. YMMV
Hey how are you getting on with the money transfer issue? Neither Western Union, Remitee nor Moneygram are working for me still…

WU works fine for me.

Remitly will NOT allow me to make any transfers to myself or others. Based on what they told me, I don't expect that to change in the near future.

I haven't tried Moneygram since this issue started about a month ago. Their customer service is worthless.

Have you tried Xoom? Often their exchange rate is low, but at this moment it is 905.0104, even higher than WU (902.6200)! ...AND there is no transaction fee, sweetening the pot even more. Xoom and MoreMoney are both owned by PayPal, incidently, and if you have an Argentina-side transfer issue you can call MoreMoney at 5411-4811-5532 to talk to someone.

Wishing you good luck!

Yesterday I got an email from DHL that they had suspended exports and imports in the Terminal de Cargas Argentina for 72 hours "dispuesta ayer por la AFIP". Could be related. Another email from them today saying that the restriction was lifted last night after compying with some administrative processes with AFIP.

Back