Monthly Book Club Meeting

OK if we're continuing with this theme I would like to make same baba ganoush and maybe something else mediterranean....

No not similar. Mine is chicken and vegetable couscous. Like a Morroccan stew. Sounds delish!

Hey can someone bring a dessert? I think we are good for main dishes.

@GS: We eat with plates and cutlery that I provide, but not sitting at a table. Yes in our lap. Haven't had to send my carpet out for cleaning yet! But that is why we don't do soups....

I'll change to a dessert as it sounds like we are ok with main dishes and sides. let me know otherwise.

Greetings friends and readers! Our June meeting and anniversary party was a great success, helped along by the celebratory bottles of champagne that were so generously brought! And of course the food, ....wow! A meal fit for royalty and deprived expats! Thanks again...
And a shout out to new participant GS Dirtboy whose input as a writer gave a new dimension to our discussion...

Our July book selection is "The Rise and Fall of Great Powers" by Tom Rachman...a novel about the fragmented life of an expat who tries to come to an understanding of the mystery of various people and places she's encountered and their impact on her identity and life....

Our next meeting will be Wednesday, July 30, 7:00 in Recoleta. I will post a reminder a week before. As always we welcome new members. Meanwhile when it gets too cold to go out hope you can enjoy cuddling up with our July book selection, available through the I Bookstore, and Kindle bookstore ...

Happy trails!

Back