More Border Controls?

You have to get the actual fingerprints (ink UGH) and then send them for the clearance report. You can print the form online but it has to be transferred to standard white card stock so it would probably be easier to go to the consulate and pick them up. Did it a few months ago. The police took clear prints so the FBI accepted them without a problem.

great thank you! ElCordobes had mentioned ordering them from the FBI "on my last day" [in the states before I leave] so that's why I was a bit confused. Did you make an appointment to pick them up at the embassy or did you just show up?

Sorry all, I realized I totally highjacked this thread!!!

great thank you! ElCordobes had mentioned ordering them from the FBI "on my last day" [in the states before I leave] so that's why I was a bit confused. Did you make an appointment to pick them up at the embassy or did you just show up?

I can't really remember because I was there to get my income verification and so I asked them for the forms at the same time. I would call their office to make sure.

Hi, Sorry was away. You can order from your local police station (it may or may not be free--depends on the city and your resident status in that city) My precinct had the FBI forms on site. We completed the fingerprint cards and sent in with the FBI forms, be sure to note on the forms that it is to be presented in Argentina as they MUST be signed and have the seal....in theory...they can then be sent directly off to the State Dept for the Apostille and finally on to you in Argentina (provided you have included the pre-paid envelope (make sure this is express or international priority or other traceable service).

You can also do via Live Scan digital fingerprinting (no ink) I'm sure this info is floating around elsewhere in the forum http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks The benefit to Live Scan is there should be no rejection of your prints. The old fashioned way could be rejected (you might request they do two copies just in case). If rejected, big pain in ass since you'll be back in Argentina at that point.

The idea is that you need to be out of the country when the report is completed by the FBI...so you're not in the USA to possibly commit a crime after the report is finished. That's why I waited to the end of my stay to send to the FBI. (Perhaps, someone will have a different experience, but this is how it was explained to me). My report was ultimately about 6-7 months old by the time I used it (more than the 90 days suggested) but it didn't matter to migracion since I had not been back to the US during that time to invalidate it.

Let me know if that was too convoluted to be clear. ;)

accidentally lost a dollar only find it replaced by 12 pesos

I have never lost a dollar to find it replaced by 12 pesos. When Argentina put the dollars controls in the place I shut down my offices in Argentina and fired all my employees and replaced them with labor in other international locations.

I told my Argentinian wife to pack the bags we are leaving, she did not want to be on the other side of planet because she is very close to her family. We mutually decided on Uruguay. Close enough for frequent visits and dollars are legal and the power works.

Looking back I am very glad we did it. Yes life is more expensive here but then again things work like they are supposed to. I am not going to lurk around making illegal trades to get a fair exchange for money I worked like dog to acquire. Further I am not going to let the government rip me off with bogus legal exchange rates.

End of story!

I have never lost a dollar to find it replaced by 12 pesos. When Argentina put the dollars controls in the place I shut down my offices in Argentina and fired all my employees and replaced them with labor in other international locations.

I told my Argentinian wife to pack the bags we are leaving, she did not want to be on the other side of planet because she is very close to her family. We mutually decided on Uruguay. Close enough for frequent visits and dollars are legal and the power works.

Looking back I am very glad we did it. Yes life is more expensive here but then again things work like they are supposed to. I am not going to lurk around making illegal trades to get a fair exchange for money I worked like dog to acquire. Further I am not going to let the government rip me off with bogus legal exchange rates.

End of story!

I like your story, except the part where you moved to Uruguay. Isn't life boring as hell there? Maybe you work so much you don't notice, or your personal interests/hobbies are those that can be pursued there.. or you come back to BA enough to get your fix of culture....

The idea is that you need to be out of the country when the report is completed by the FBI...so you're not in the USA to possibly commit a crime after the report is finished. That's why I waited to the end of my stay to send to the FBI. (Perhaps, someone will have a different experience, but this is how it was explained to me). My report was ultimately about 6-7 months old by the time I used it (more than the 90 days suggested) but it didn't matter to migracion since I had not been back to the US during that time to invalidate it.

Not necessary at all to be out of the country while requesting it, that's odd, I never heard that. I applied at the beginning of a long trip home. Lucha just follow the steps provided from the FBI and you'll be fine,

http://www.fbi.gov/a...-summary-checks

None of us here ever give the right advice for these processes and the official info online is always clear.

True, and stop complaining on these forums so much since there are probably spies out there in cyber land working for the administration reading all the s**t that they are saying about Argentina and bragging about how they are breaking the law and getting away with it!

So when I am waiting hours on end to be attended in migraciones and there are 2 working employees in the windows, the 12 further employees sipping mate and giggling behind are checking baexpats.org for my post history?
Well shucks, it's nice to know my posts are so entertaining.

picture-a-7.png

So when I am waiting hours on end to be attended in migraciones and there are 2 working employees in the windows, the 12 further employees sipping mate and giggling behind are checking baexpats.org for my post history?
Well shucks, it's nice to know my posts are so entertaining.

picture-a-7.png

The cost of getting a lawyer to help get me citizenship is more than worth it to never have to go to that building ever again for as long as I live. It's purgatory!!

I like your story, except the part where you moved to Uruguay. Isn't life boring as hell there? Maybe you work so much you don't notice, or your personal interests/hobbies are those that can be pursued there.. or you come back to BA enough to get your fix of culture....

I live one block from the coast, surfs up now and then and in the summer the beach is a blast. There are also lots of well educated fun Argentinians, Uruguayans, Americans, French and other ex-pats around here. Never a dull moment really but then again being married I am not out looking for the next party or event. I will admit that Argentinians are fun and I love the country and culture no doubt about it. But I am not going to play games with money and legalities under any circumstances and I do not like politics that play games with my money. Uruguay is just different and really I would not want to live any place else at this time. While it is more expensive than Argentina, living at this quality of life one block from the beach in Southern California would cost 10 times more and involve having 10 times more people around and in the surfing line ups.

Back