Mosquito Invasion

Do you guys find the spirals actually work? To me they just make the apartment smell weird

Do you guys find the spirals actually work? To me they just make the apartment smell weird
So so. I have acreens. I turn on the ac at night.. in open spaces it kinda works....

Bring on the GMO mosquitos. Any abatement by the government is more cost effective/cheaper than dengue cases flooding public hospitals while mosquito populations go unabated.

The types which plug into the electrical socket have worked well for us every year. The type with the tablets have a stronger scent. The liquid I do not smell at all.

Having spent most of my life in South Florida, mosquitoes are just a part of life for me. It's the rainfall amount that drives their population up and down, so yes, El Niño. I worry about dengue, but even in Florida we've had mosquito-borne encephalitis outbreaks and even recent reports of malaria. I just keep the windows closed.

Having spent most of my life in South Florida, mosquitoes are just a part of life for me. It's the rainfall amount that drives their population up and down, so yes, El Niño. I worry about dengue, but even in Florida we've had mosquito-borne encephalitis outbreaks and even recent reports of malaria. I just keep the windows closed.
I don't get why so few homes in AR don't have window screens. They aren't expensive and can even be home made.

I don't get why so few homes in AR don't have window screens. They aren't expensive and can even be home made.
Possibly it depends on where you are, a lot of houses and apartments in the area north of BA have “mosquiteros”.

I was bothered by mosquitos at the plaza for a few days, and then they disappeared. Long pants and a long-sleeved shirt helped avoid bites.

Consider the health hazard of spraying toxic chemicals in the parks where children go to play or spraying OFF directly on the skin or RAID in the house. Chemicals are inhaled and absorbed.

I cringed when a neighbor in the building bought a large can of RAID in her shopping bag. I hope she took the time to read the label about toxicity that could harm her children, especially her five-year-old who has a respiratory problem.

Here the other trick I've discovered at night. The tend to rest on the wall only a few inches above your head. Once they stop buzzing around, slide gently out of bed, don't switch on the light, shine the torch of the phone on the wall. They throw a shadow making them easy to locate. Approach with the spray can and give it all you've got. I find it works almost every time.

Back