Mosquito Invasion

The ANMAT approved the use of the Takeda laboratory's vaccine against dengue. It is TAK-003 (Qdenga®) which is indicated for all persons over 4 years of age, whether or not they have had the disease....Apr 26, 2023.

Indicated for patients 4 years of age and older with a two-dose schedule (0 and 90 days).

It doesn't specify that Qdenga® cannot be applied to persons over the age of 60.

Except due to contraindications to this vaccine which include:
(1) Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients or to any of the excipients included in the vaccine, or hypersensitivity to a previous dose of Qdenga.
(2) Persons with congenital or acquired immunodeficiencies, including immunosuppressive treatments such as chemotherapy or high doses of systemic corticosteroids (e.g., 20 mg/day or 2 mg/kg body weight per day of prednisone for two weeks or more) in the four weeks prior to vaccination, as with other live attenuated vaccines.
(3) Persons with symptomatic HIV infection or with asymptomatic HIV infection when accompanied by evidence of impaired immune function.
(4) Pregnant women. Breastfeeding women.

That is the reason why an Rx from your physician is required.

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
4 March 2024
Vaccine against dengue: the Gov't announced it will not be included in the National Vaccination Calendar. Presidential spokesperson Manuel Adorni said that according to the WHO, “there is insufficient evidence on its effectiveness.” It was approved in April of last year by the ANMAT and today it is administered under medical prescription....

(As expected with ~5 degrees celcius cooler temperatures compared to a couple of weeks ago) but I can hardly notice any mosquitos the last week or so.

Did I read that the vaccine was available for those between the ages of 6 and 60? What about us old ****ers?!
I understand it was tested in people up to 60 years of age. If your doctor tells you you are in good health and you may have it, it's fine. I had the first shot and I am still alive.

Back