Most Traditional City

fschmidt

Registered
What is the city with the most traditional people in Argentina? I am looking for a place where tattoos, body piercings, and pants that appear to be falling down are as rare as possible. A place where tradition is preferred to "progressive" ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Any moderately big city will have "modern" customs.

Usually the north western part of the country is more "traditional" than the rest of the country. You can try cities like Salta or Tucumán, But don't expect people to be wearing ponchos. Closer you can try San Antonio de Areco, and other similar rural cities.

Thanks but I am not looking for ponchos. Simple clothes, as was common in the world not so long ago, is good enough. I am writing from Bariloche and I will travel through Argentina looking at cities. I would prefer a city of at least 100,000. I am trying to decide where to go next.

I would think that your best bet would be Ushuaia. No, I´ve never been there. Since it´s always cold, everyone would always be wearing a long sleeved garment. Thus, any tattoos and body piercings wouldn´t be seen. I would also think that if it´s cold no one would want to risk having their pants fall down.
Have you considered Iran, Saudi Arabia and the like? I consider myself a Conservative but WOW!!

Sorry, times have changed and you're going to be disappointed. There is no oasis here. You might check out AVE MARIA, Florida. Seriously.

Argentina is still much better than America. I am just trying to pick the best city for me here. AVE MARIA, Florida isn't going to work for me since I am an atheist. And Iran and Saudi Arabia probably wouldn't work so well since I am of Jewish decent. I have traveled quite a bit, and while I agree that the world is changing, for the worse in my opinion, Argentina seems to be one of the least bad places. Of the 3 towns I have seen so far, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, and Bariloche, Mendoza seems the best.

Well, you seemed to be looking for a conservative place.....hard to say as the WHOLE world is so different. Vienna is still a quiet city and relatively conservative, though not as much as it used to be. Switzerland too is more conservative than most places, though changing. I don't think there is any place you'll like in Argentina. Chile is a good deal more conservative than Argentina. Why not try there?

I'm not sure how you define conservative, but Chile is my least favorite place in Latin America. Nowhere else in Latin America have I seen as bad taste as in Chile. Chile reminds me of America. I haven't been to Vienna or Switzerland, but since I don't speak the language there, I would need a pretty convincing argument to look there, and I haven't heard that these are very traditional places anywhere else.

fschmidt said:
I'm not sure how you define conservative, but Chile is my least favorite place in Latin America. Nowhere else in Latin America have I seen as bad taste as in Chile. Chile reminds me of America. I haven't been to Vienna or Switzerland, but since I don't speak the language there, I would need a pretty convincing argument to look there, and I haven't heard that these are very traditional places anywhere else.

How about a conservative kibbutz in Israel?

Back